The Diesel Garage banner

are you going to get a new ford 6.7 diesel?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering. I'm considering one.:goodvsevil

·
is here and there.
10,573 Posts
Wife won't let me. Said something about her needing a replacement for her car. I dunno why, it only has 140,000 miles on it. It's practically new. :haha

·
1,709 Posts
Nope. The wife wouldn't let me anyways. It's her turn for a vehicle and hers is newer.:confused: She might go for me getting a new one if it was a Duramax.:thinking

·
258 Posts
i would definatly wait to see first. plus i like my truck and dont want to get rid of it.

·
776 Posts
Don't think I will be getting the 6.7...I've been eyeing the M2 106 SportChassis Freightliner for a couple years.

·
I now drive a Duramax...
318 Posts
Made in Mexico:thumbdown

·
TDG MAFIA
1,270 Posts
Ill watch the first year as I have done with the 6.4 then Ill decide between the two

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
Made in Mexico:thumbdown
Isn't your truck made in Mexico, too?

Not that I disagree with you. I won't buy one, either. Only those willing to take a lot of risk buy a first year anything (remember all the 6L problems when it first arrived). Seeing that it's the first diesel of this type made by Ford in a foreign country and it's the 1st year, NO WAY. Besides, I'm 99% satisfied with what I have.
:woot:

·
776 Posts
Hey Duke, I wanna join WALNUT!!!! As far as the 6.7 goes, I'm never buying the first year of any truck again...lesson learned.

Reactions: Duke

·
626 Posts
No way--my 7.3 is PAID FOR, does everything I need it to do (and forsee doing in the future w/the truck), and runs like a champ--why would I want a new truck? If anything, I'd pull the 7.3 and put in a CR 5.9 before buying a 6.7 PSD.

·
812 Posts
my answer in no because i dont have the money. but if i had the money i might buy one the second year they are out.

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
I'll wait a year and see how they work out... I'd like to move back into the comforts of a Ford.. Plus I qualify for the Ford Z-Plan :)

·
Official blowy uppy guy.
1,546 Posts
Z-Plan?

·
361 Posts
heck id just like to get into a powerstroke. but if i had the money yea i would but it dosnt turn out that way.

·
102 Posts
NOPE! I love mine too much! I won't be getting a new one until they make a better looking one than I already have. Even then who knows.... I'll see what they look like when the next major change is made.

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
I said no becuase I planed on having this truck for a while... too much money into it and plan on doing more

·
Stuck in Commiefornia...
1,296 Posts
You know, it won't be the first year, probably not the second or third, but eventually I'll need another truck to replace the one I have now, and it will certainly be a Ford. I'm not worried about where Ford casts the engine, or even assembles it for that matter. Throughout the mid 70s and early 80s, the best Ford blocks had Hecho En Mexico cast in them not Ws to designate Windsor Canada or CFs for Cleveland Foundary. Mexican 302s were a staple of the high performance small block Ford market for anyone who couldn't get a boss block.

I think Ford has learned some hard lessons, and everything points to the new engine being built with that in mind. Basically they've taken the best ideas from the past 15 years, and added a few new ones that aren't that radical to maybe make this engine even better.

·
WHOS NEXT
182 Posts
i said no because its a FORD. ford hasnt had a good engine since the 7.3. they just wanna be like cummins. however they will never be like cummins. not until they lose the v under the hood anyway.

·
102 Posts
i said no because its a FORD. ford hasnt had a good engine since the 7.3. they just wanna be like cummins. however they will never be like cummins. not until they lose the v under the hood anyway.
You are a tool! You drive a 99 dodge...lol. No one is trying to be like cummins. That's why they are the only obnoxious sounding six put in a truck. You can keep that outdated crap.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts