The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight was the first chance to get to run my truck with the new injectors and studs. I ended up running a 7.7 at 95 MPH in the 1/8.

What was really funny was that i put out so much smoke the guy i was racing ( and older trans am) couldnt see when the light went green and had to wait till the smoke cleared a little, by that time i was halfway down the track...LOL
He ended up with a over 2 second reaction time. The staging guys actually came up to me on the return lane a were laughing and everyone in the crowd cheered me on as i went past them. The guy in the trans was stopped too and they asked him what happened,(on microphone) he said (jokingly) "He cheated, I couldnt see anything!" LOL

I got some video of it and ill post it later so check back, but for now i got to hit the sack, im waking up bright and early to get to the diesel shootout in the morning!

·
Registered
42 Posts
HA! Hey,if it's not illegal why not? I never though about all that smoke hiding the tree. How did you see your side?

Good job on the ET. I never thought of diesels as race vehicles till I saw a PSD rip off a 13 sec 1/4 a few years back.I was shocked.

Now that Audi is kicking butt with one people are changing their thoughts on the trusty oil burner!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the smoke was pouring out over his car..i could see the tree fine

·
567 Posts
you got to be draining the rail pretty bad now aren't ya?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got back from the diesel shootout, I WON!!! i got some vids too so ill post them up as soon i get them on the computer

No actually my rail pressure it still reading over 20K PSI...

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
567 Posts
thats sweet dude

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
bill... that video was sick!!!!!!!! congrats on winning the shootout man..

·
Its Cute Aint it!!
684 Posts
Thats nice!

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
haha once again nicely done man, wish i had the time and money to do that!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts