The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi....Got a 95 f350 7.3 4 wh .......If you have the patience to go over , once again when to use , how much ,how often ,and maybe what effect , ATF , 2cyl oil, c-tane,anti -gel and any other tricks of the trade that is used/recommended by those of you that have "been there done that" I would be grateful.

·
296 Posts
1 ounce of 2 stroke non ash oil too 1 gal. of diesel, you may get a improvement in fuel mileage, it made my truck run a little bit quieter with it, and its good lubrication

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
balz out thanks for the reply.........I live in central Illinois and bio diesel is every where, I see signs on pumps that say 12ppm sulphur max and 5 to 20% bio mass diesel. Don't really know what effect this has on anything and was wondering if anyone could help me understand what changes I should do for my old flat bed (Winslow).

·
645 Posts
I run Walmart 2 stroke @ 256 to 1, that is about half once of 2 stroke to one gallon of Diesel. I get like 10% better in all my powerstokes and 15% + in a mechanical CAT 3116.

I do notice a little less power when I don't put 2 stroke in for a few tanks.

·
Premium Member
4,090 Posts
If you have bio diesel readily available I think adding 2-cycle is not going to be of significant benefit.

I quit adding it once B20 became available and even B2 ranks higher in lubricity than adding 2-cycle.

prt

·
Riding solow on the Hog
286 Posts
Im still processing my own B100, and I can tell you that if yer running BD in percentage or full on, you can skip adding anything else. If you run regular #2Diesel, as stated, one ounce per gallon of ashless 2cycle oil is excellent (Ive used the 1 quart per FULL tank, with good results). The whole reason behind running 2cycle oil is to add lubrication where its been stripped from low sulfur diesel. NOW. Bio wont improve your mileage, and in fact you may see a slight decrease depending upon the percentage. Using 2cycle with "regular" Diesel will net you a slight increase in mileage, but only if you drive without the "RRAAAARRR!" (Good luck with that..) And tend to use your speed control religiously on the highway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts