The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Redneck with some Bling
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ATS Transmissions
Anyone have one? any problems?
10/2010 installed one 2-2011 trany oil filter fell off!!!
first 1000 miles lost driveshaft center bearing (they replaced that) 2 times and had a bad silinoide and whent into limp mode twice
sumer 2011 started slipping!!!
I had there flexplate/trany/converter/rear diff cover/ and driveshaft rebuilt and TCM reprogramed 10/2011 they replaced the trany and installed co-pilot (they did not have any in 2010) and billet input shaft for $9,500 I should have a trany that works

12/2011 lost 4th and 5th first WOT I did 3/2012 lost 4th
has anyone had any of these problems? or heard of any?
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
yes yes and yes, your first mistake was buying all that crap from ATS!!!!!!!!

step two, take it here and get it done RIGHT! http://www.goerend.com/

Reactions: your nightmare

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
yes yes and yes, your first mistake was buying all that crap from ATS!!!!!!!!

step two, take it here and get it done RIGHT! http://www.goerend.com/
Good Advise but Dave is not building complete 68s to my knowledge, now you can out a stand alone controller in and run one of his built 48res. That sucks you had bad luck with ATS but they do have a 5 year warranty. I would start there. Be nice be courteous it will get you far more than being an :bubba. How much power are you putting out? The lift does not help either.

Reactions: your nightmare

·
Redneck with some Bling
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still stock turbo stock injectors but everything that can be done is done
mustang dyno 480hp 1210 ftlb 3.73 rear end and 37's nothing has been done to the truck since the first time it went in besides beefing up center bearing and traction bars

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
with only that much power it should have NO problem handling it, to be honest ATS is junk, over priced purple pieces of junk, Im sorry you spent all that money, but as Neel said, try customer service, for nearly 10 grand you should have a bullet proof transmission capable of handling 1200hp easily, not crapping out at 480

If Dave doesn't do 68rfe's then Suncoast does, and their competition transmission will hold up to what you're doing, and it wouldn't cost you 10k

1 - 5 of 5 Posts