The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spending 8000.00 on a full bullet ATS Transmission, I got 30,000 miles and 14 months of use. During that time it leaked for 12 months and broke down 3 times (1 flex plate,2 billet input shafts).
Last Saturday the input shaft broke again so it was towed to shop. Talked to Mike on Monday and was told Clint Canon (ATS Owner) would give me a call this afternoon.
Monday, Tuesday went by, so I called ATS again and talked to Kelly. She said, "Clint will be calling".
In the mean time I call my local shop to let them know I'm wait on a return phone call from Clint Canyon before I give them the go ahead to get started. They were upset because my truck has been on there lift for five days!
Wednesday went by and Thursday I get a call from Stewart Cables stating he is a Attorney and Clint Canyon would not be calling.
Contacted the Bar in Colorado and there is NO Stewart Cables practicing law there and they will be investigating the the phone number I gave them.
Two days later ATS web site is updated with a 7 page Warranty pdf.

View pdf here;http://www.atsdiesel.com/warranty/ATS Warranty.ATSSTDWAR.030107.pdf

·
Registered
310 Posts
when they update all that stuff? the refund policy is the best if u try a charge back the ding u with a 50% penalty for inconvenience and accounting cost so does that mean if the bill is $1000 u only get back 500?

·
Registered
63 Posts
that really irks me if they will treat someone like you that spent close to 10k with them what kind of service will i get for 2k if this is true they'll never get my business

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
1,288 Posts
That is BULL****

·
568 Posts
If this thread stays open - I don't think that you will find you are alone in their shady business practices.

Sam

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
Everybody keep it clean and to the point and it probably will not be closed..... Just keep tempers and feeling in check.

·
6,337 Posts
I wish someone had not hacked Shays site and trashed the pictures of a Tranny ATS sent to BTS... They are a bunch of hacks...

But hey they do break ****...

Attachments

·
Mafia #42
3,646 Posts
a bunch of other people on this site have had problems with ATS. Most of the time it has been the transmissions they have had trouble with. Once these threads are started however, someone reads them and sees that their reputation is on the line and the problem gets fixed quickly. I hope you can get a refund so you can purchase a properly built transmission.

·
6,337 Posts
Cali-600 said:
After spending 8000.00 on a full bullet ATS Transmission, I got 30,000 miles and 14 months of use. During that time it leaked for 12 months and broke down 3 times (1 flex plate,2 billet input shafts).
Last Saturday the input shaft broke again so it was towed to shop. Talked to Mike on Monday and was told Clint Canon (ATS Owner) would give me a call this afternoon.
Monday, Tuesday went by, so I called ATS again and talked to Kelly. She said, "Clint will be calling".
In the mean time I call my local shop to let them know I'm wait on a return phone call from Clint Canyon before I give them the go ahead to get started. They were upset because my truck has been on there lift for five days!
Wednesday went by and Thursday I get a call from Stewart Cables stating he is a Attorney and Clint Canyon would not be calling.
Contacted the Bar in Colorado and there is NO Stewart Cables practicing law there and they will be investigating the the phone number I gave them.

View pdf here;http://www.atsdiesel.com/warranty/ATS Warranty.ATSSTDWAR.030107.pdf

Sooooo After reading that warranty PDF it looks like if you drive the truck out of the install shop and the tranny pukes, then your warranty is void because you drive the truck that is putting undue stress on the clutch packs.

Also if you allow the truck to shift from first to second at any time the warranty is void because that allows for clutch pack slipage...LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

·
6,337 Posts
Gosh... I wounder if they have someone to hack this site and pull these pics down...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Cali-600 said:

How did you break two input shafts? What were you doing and what all do you have done to your truck?

·
6,337 Posts
StrokerAce said:
How did you break two input shafts? What were you doing and what all do you have done to your truck?

I bet he was doing neutral drops... and jumping, and truck pulling, and drag racing... Ya know, everything that will void a warranty... (Just kidding:sofa )

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
CSIPSD said:
I bet he was doing neutral drops... and jumping, and truck pulling, and drag racing... Ya know, everything that will void a warranty... (Just kidding:sofa )
Now don't get this shut down give everybody a chance to respond :poke:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cali-600

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum -- I joined because it was recently brought to my attention that Cali-600 initiated this thread.

My name is Stewart Cables and I am an attorney in Denver, CO. My Attorney Registration Number is 38583. I work primarily for McNamara Law Firm, P.C., and ATS Diesel Performance is one of our main clients. I am on-site at their shop in Arvada, CO two to three times per week. I handle many different legal claims for ATS.

I know who Cali-600 is, but will not refer to him by name in this post. I also will not address his allegations against ATS, other than to say that -- like his allegation that I'm not an attorney -- they are totally false.

Cali-600's post constitutes defamation of character and slander. I am, in fact, an attorney in Colorado and did call Cali-600 to discuss his claim against ATS. As an attorney, I have only my reputation to generate business and get new clients as an attorney in Denver. That said, I will not tolerate Cali-600's remarks that I am not an attorney and his insinuation that my telephone call was unprofessional or unwarranted. I have reported his post to the administrator, and I have also sent him a letter regarding the legal consequences of his post.

In my letter, I also included a copy of the warranty in place at the time Cali-600 purchased his transmission. I'm not sure why he believes the warranty was not on the website before -- it is clearly listed under the "Technical Information" section for each ATS product. It and newly revised warranties have been in that location for several years. However, we recently moved the link onto the front page so it is easier to access for ATS customers.

Clint Cannon personally asked me to handle Cali-600 because of his persistent, unwarranted calls to ATS. He did not "refuse to take" Cali-600's calls or ignore him. On the contrary, Clint is as receptive and considerate as any client I've ever worked with. As such, I would never hesitate to use ATS parts on my truck. Thank you.

Stewart Cables, Esq.
ATTORNEY REGISTRATION #38583

·
is here and there.
10,573 Posts
thread done.. at least until the boss looks at it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.