The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have the ATS housing on and when i tried to put the intake tube on it dosent seam to be shaped correctly .. the vent fitting wont go into the crank vent on the motor and it seams to be 2 short.

teh bend of the tube interferes with the engine the only way it would go on is with the vent to facing the pass side of the engine. and i am going to have to make a spacer to make it work with the AFE intake as it is 3" to short... Is this correct does andy one have installed pictures with a afe stage 2 setup..

the housing didnt have instructions at all.

·
6,337 Posts
You have the tube on backwards... The Crank Case vent goes back into the Plastic piece that bolts to the valve cover, the "tube" you see is for the Green line on the Wastegate controler...

·
6,337 Posts
Yup, thats how I hooked mine up years ago...

·
1,726 Posts
You can do that or if you don't mind the smell you can just run the hose down to the bottom of the frame. That is how I have mine. The smell doesn't really bother me. It will not make any mess if you just have the hose cut off and venting. If you try to put a filter of some kind on the end of the hose you will have an oily mess.

·
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When i took all the old parts off i but them in a box ,a week ago

since then i been installing my bellowed up pipes and ebpv delete and ATS comp housng

i forgot all about the stock compressor housing intake tube which of course has the junction. so when i seen the nipple on the ATS intake tube i was assuming it wnt in the vent fitting.. so after getting home last nite and looking threw the stock stuff. i was back on track and could have avoided asking a dumb question..but the other hand i know how i will do my ccv now.

all i can say is the ATS housing and ww and now with my newly installed bellowed uppipes this suckers a whistler.. wow....and no more leaks.. no more under the hood mods planed hear except probally a HPX

I did do the doodad mod but i didnt cut a hole i drilled a sequnece of holes to allow air but not so much debris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts