The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:shrug: I am curious on some other peoples expierences with ATS diesel. Is it common to wait over a week for them to email a basic tune(that is after they have all the information)? I bought my programmer 2 weeks ago and I have a glorafied plastic door stop. I am just curious on other peoples expierences as Tadd was always great at Rocky mount diesel but I am about to get a refund as nobody can seem to give me a straight answer on WHEN I will get my product. So question is since they won't answer the question what is your expiernces with ATS diesel? Kinda wishing I went with Innovative right now live and learn.

·
powerstrokes rule
841 Posts
I've called and left over 5 messages and they never return a single phone call, they have big injectors that have proven them selves, but was forced to go else where.

·
Registered
15 Posts
took just over ten months to get mine taken care of. i was promised calls from clint and everyone else that works for ATS. good product poor service.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I have also had bad customer service from ATS. No return phone calls and a month wait to have tunes tweaked each time with the end product not even usable, things that were supposedly sent right away I waited several weeks for. After checking the shipping dates, I was lied to about when my items actually went out.

Some have had good luck with them, I however have not.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks all looks like im not the only one.

Looks like I will go ahead with returning my product then and going elsewhere as I don't want to get into a huge bag of worms and end up going to colorado to speak face to face.

Thanks all
Steven

·
powerstrokes rule
841 Posts
before people start making a big deal about this, the easiest thing todo is walk away from the vendor that won't help and find a vendor willing to work with you. I personally like Innovative diesel, but that is my opinion, others have there own. Find one that works for you.

·
vendor supporter
700 Posts
Their customer sevice leaves alot to be desired. I bought their stage two injectors and had a running problems wich I talked to tadd about 4 months ago and he was going to send a tune to correct it. after many phone calls and e- mails I give up and will give my busness to innovative diesel and lipd. I think all ats cares about is getting you money because after they make the sale customer service is non existent. Jason

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I have already contacted DJ diesel and Innovative and will be getting tunes from both and try them both out :)

I will be calling ATS and having my charges changed to only the programmer as I have it and can get rolling now. Really sad as I had planned on buying a turbo and injectors from them. Looks like business goes elsewhere.

·
vendor supporter
700 Posts
You can't go wrong with either one of of those vendors. As far as injectors and turbo check out beans diesel performance. Jason

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Injectors I will probably go with Piers as they do alot of work for me. I just know that the ATS ones did dang well in Tadd's truck. I am watching beans but just looking at the surge issues that are on the 03 trucks. I just figure with the mods I am doing I am scrapping my warranty so might as well scrap it good..

·
vendor supporter
700 Posts
I believe the surge issues are with his turbo not his injectors. Jason

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
You cant forget frog aka doug...I havent bought ne thing from him(YET!) and i can call him ne time of the day and talk to him...last time i talked to him was at 4am in the morning...truck wouldnt start..he helped me out right away...NICE GUY! thanks doug!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry meant the turbo from beans injectors from piers. I am not in a huge rush for the turbo and injectors and seeing as there is some good products coming soon never know what might be available soon.

·
1,291 Posts
keep on the look out bean is working on a new turbo turbonetics is also and garrett was also considering making a BB bolt on.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I recieved my tunes today. They do work awesome and can't wait to hit the rollers but did take a while till they got here too long imo. Tadd does know his stuff as I dealt with him at Rocky Mnt but ats needs to not burn bridges when it might turn into a bigger deal.

Steven

·
Registered
461 Posts
Sounds like most of the time, I don't know about this. On Steve's tunes I didn't know about it until Friday and sent his tunes on Monday. 1 day wait isn't too bad. Also when I received the order for the tuner, it shipped out the same day. Looks like the problem is from the sales office to here. I am going to change our tuner instructions to fix issues like these.

As far as those who have left me messages, well....I am not a salesguy and as much as I like discussing 6.0- performance I don't have that much time. Even people who I consider close friends don't get there calls returned for weeks maybe months.

Tadd

·
Registered
461 Posts
Jason,

I did say that I would make you some files, and I had asked you again if you still needed some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast-6.0
Do you still need some injector tunes done? I was going through my email and forgot you sent me your address awhile back and I skipped over it.

Let me know

Tadd

Yes I could use some tunes so we can see what these injectores can realy do. my stratetgy is still the same as before. Thanks Jason

This message was dated July 6th.

I did drop the ball on getting them to you and I accept full responsibility for that, I am by no means perfect but for the most part I have sent tunes as soon as they were needed.

But at the same time, you are bashing my customer service for a service that isn't included with the injectors. If you buy injectors from Bean does he pay Eric to make you new tunes? You also mentioned that you had bought the tuner from Innovative and were going to speak to Eric about tunes, so I didn't see it as a priority since you already had a tuner from an alternative source. Why didn't you get tunes from him?

Also I do recall reading a post from Eric @Innovative how he mentioned that new customers were first priority and then reflashes came later. And also that he charged for a reflash.

I also have a list of over 50 messages here to return, one for Shawn (Redneck6.0), one for Jeremy at LIDP, that I haven't had time to do.

I can comment on Carssuck's comment. Jay is bringing up an issue from way back when I had Rocky Mountain Diesel and I shut it down to go to ATS. I wasn't able to fulfill all my promises to him (we were going to work on a custom tow/haul file) and now he bashes ATS. This all came about by me having to secure a livelihood for my family, by doing this I didn't have as much time to do all the custom tweaking required. He said he understood and so on but yet bashes every chance he gets. Hey Jay, Grow up and get over it, things change when you no longer own the business, owning your own business you should understand this better than most I would expect you to be more adult about the whole situation. Unfortunately for you my family ranked higher on the priority list than you. I am sure your family ranks highest on your list also. Jay was supplied a tuner from me at Rocky Moutain Diesel and then expected ATS to give him a full refund. Yet he did get files just not all the custom tow/haul (which again, he was never charged for). I was small time and doing the same thing the Doug (Kermit) did for him. Much easier to do when you run the show.

Tadd

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
:iagree Well said Tadd, you are still one of the best guys in the industry and one heck of a good family man..... It was great seeing you this weekend. Next time I'm in town, I'll take you and the Family to dinner, Mexican :Thumbup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.