The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sorry to see the thread get closed yesterday. I've heard a lot of bad stuff about ATS and I feel that it's only right to get your gripes out onto the forums. How else will we know who to deal with? There are a lot of shady people out there and now hearing that ATS has to have an attorney on site 3 times a week dealing with "legal matters" raises a red flag. As for threatening people with legal action..what a bunch of bologne. Not good advertising for ATS I'm sure. I won't be buying from them for fear attorney boy will sue me if things go wrong!

·
AKA slowdog racing
925 Posts
i just wont by anything from them no matter what.:poke:

:popcorn:

·
6,337 Posts
I dont want to go down a bad road, but I know quite a few people that have worked there at one time or another... The ATS of 7 years ago is long gone, the ATS of today is a scary place...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Customer Service?

ATS doesn't have the best reputation when it comes to standing behind product, but not knowing both sides of the issue may be a big factor in how we perceive the situation. Mr. Lawyer getting his nose into it leads me to believe that ATS is a fault here. Not to be "slanderous" or "insulting" in any way, but Stewart the lawyer came off like a whining little kid! Are we just out of law school? I hope his problem is resolved before it has to go to litigation. Good luck Cali.. TP

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cables, Stewart
ACTV

Business Information

Phone

Fax

(303) 722-1624

Firm Name

McNamara Law Firm PC

Business Address

1035 S Gaylord St

Denver
CO
80209-4635

Admission Date
Last Status Update

05/16/2007
May 14, 2007

I copied this from a website that gives attorney information. Notice the "May 16, 2007 Admission Date".
Newbie.

I'm sure that the admin here at TDG had no choice but to lock the thread. I wouldn't want to deal with an attorney like that either.

·
ATS Diesel Performance
147 Posts
Just so we can set the record straight here. ATS is a company that stands behind it's products and value's it's customers above all else.

Unfortunately, we do have an attorney here on site, to deal with situations just like the one that had been posted. I would like to say that we live in an society of trust where handshakes and pride are what we live on and still mean something. But it's not that way anymore. We now have to protect our selves, and in by doing so, we can help the people that need and deserve the help.

With this "Situation" that occured, a customer broke not one, not two, but three billet input shafts and a flexplate. And broken shafts are clearly not covered by our warranty, nor have they ever been. But the thing that our friend failed to mention, is that we replaced the first two shafts at no cost for the shaft and repaired the transmission at little cost considering the extent of the damage to the transmission and the torque converter. At that point, if we wanted to, we could have simply explained to him the bounds of our warranty and washed our hands of it. But that is NOT what happened.

We stand behind our products, and our customers. We are all diesel heads too, just like everyone here. In no way, do we want to see one of our customers broke down, we don't wanna see one of our diesel friends broke down. Plain and simple.

And as far as our warranty, we post it up for all to see and read. Truthfully, our warranty is spelled out the way it is, to allow us to be the good guys, and to protect the company from people who want nothing more then to bring someone else down.

I hope that everyone here will take into account, that this story goes much deeper then ATS is just being the bad guys, and I will have more to follow shorty, explaining exactly what happened so you can make your own decision based on the facts. We didn't build this company on the morals of taking everyone for what they are worth. We built this company on pride, hard work and the love of diesel's.

I truely enjoy everyday that I get to come to work and talk to you guys, it's my passion, and ATS's passion. And it pains the company and myself to see someone try to undermine the relationship that we have with our customers and the diesel community by posting half truths and hatred, because that's not what we're about, and if we didn't care, I wouldn't take the time to post this.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask, we are here and listening. Stay tuned for more answers.

Cheers,
Wade

·
Registered
6 Posts
The complete story...

Here we go again. We’re dealing with a person who thinks that he’s entitled to special privileges just because he knows of the diesel forums and threatens he’ll go post all of the bad stuff about ATS that he believes he’s experienced.

How about I tell you the rest of the story – the part that Craig seems to have neglected to tell everybody on all of the forums. Of course he’s not going to tell you of the abuse that he’s put his truck through, or the fact that ATS has helped him out before.

Why on earth would anybody neglect to tell you the rest of the story do you think?? Perhaps it’s because of the fact that 99% of all negative attitudes towards ATS are there because of some disgruntled customer posting exactly what Craig has WITHOUT telling anybody the COMPLETE story, for if he had told the complete story, people would know that he’s just full of hot air without a leg to stand on.

So, as the story goes, when Craig bought his first transmission on October 6, 2005, he purchased it with a billet input shaft, Torque Converter, and Commander. Lots of people upgrade to a billet input shaft because as everybody knows, stock shafts leave something to be desired in the strength department.

Just so you are aware, because we at ATS shoot straight, there was a problem with the Commander in February, 2006. We sent out a CoPilot box to replace the Commander – an upgrade that we didn’t charge for, and sent a UPS return tag to send back the defective Commander.

In March, 2006, Craig wanted to upgrade his Arcflow to the new, later model because he didn’t like the early model – we sent Craig a replacement on March 13, 2006 with a UPS return tag to send back the early model Arcflow. We replaced the Arcflow 1 year, 5 months later, at no charge, and didn’t even charge shipping to him.

We tried to get the defective Commander and early model Arcflow back from Craig until April 17, 2007 – 14 months later. We finally had to send him to collections because he refused to return the defective part to us. We STILL have not received these items back.

So, anyway, on or about September 25, 2006 Craig broke the ATS Billet Input shaft in his transmission – nearly a year after installing the original ATS transmission. As most people know, if there is a defect in a product, the defect typically shows up immediately – not a year later. We covered the broken shaft (although we didn’t have to because of the terms of our warranty) – Craig upgraded to a full billet transmission at that time, wherein he purchased the ATS Billet Intermediate and ATS Billet output shafts.

Also, Craig broke a stock flexplate… now he has a Billet Flexplate. I’m not sure what he was doing at the time, but I’m sure it was something on the lines of washing his truck or pulling out of the driveway when it happened… Wouldn’t we all like to know?
So, now Craig has broken another ATS Billet Input shaft… He was driving around the block after washing his truck the first time he broke a shaft (after driving the truck for nearly a year), and this time, he was merely getting on the highway to go to work. We told him that regardless of anything, he would have to pay labor and shipping. We would assess the damage here and let him know what the cost would be to return the transmission to ATS standards. He told us that we would be covering the transmission under our ATS Warranty – period! At that time, we told him that we have our procedures and that before any determination was made, we would need to inspect the transmission. This wasn’t good enough and he demanded to speak to Clint.

The location of our warranty on www.atsdiesel.com is, and always has been at www.atsdiesel.com/warranty. It can also be found under the Technical Information page for all Transmissions and Torque Converters on our website. Although it’s true that our warranty has matured over the years (such as adding clutch pack failure coverage regardless of circumstance for ATS Extreme Transmissions) , as it has always been stated, since 2003:

“Transmission shafts are not covered by warranty on any transmission due to the capability of certain situations to cause stress-loads beyond the structural ability of the shaft”

What this means, in short, is that EVERY shaft has a limit – because it’s Billet does not mean that it’s unbreakable – it means that if you do break it, you’re trying way to hard (i.e. abusing your transmission).

We have an attorney on site a few days a week. As ATS is a quickly growing company, we, like any smart corporation, have legal representation. Ours just happens to come on-site every week so that we may be able to deal with issues from graffiti on the building walls to employee issues to issues such as this one. As some have stated here and elsewhere, you may just end up speaking with him if you try to defame ATS in a manner such as this – if you have an issue, make sure you are telling the whole story. If you have a valid warranty claim, you WILL be taken care of.

We at ATS are not infallible – we’re human beings, and as such, we make mistakes sometimes. We take care of our customers first and foremost. It just happens that you almost never hear the good, and most certainly always hear the bad.

The reason that ATS is growing so rapidly is do to the fact that we manufacture superior products, and our customer service is absolutely the best that can be had. Companies cannot grow without customer service and support, and as such, the offer to Craig still stands – get the transmission back to ATS for assessment of damage and we’ll tell you what it’s going to take to get the transmission back to ATS standards. It’s not going to be free, but it will be fair.

Now you have the complete story.

Joel Richards
ATS Diesel Performance, Inc

F

·
0 Posts
As long as we keep it civil this thread will stay. While everyone wants everything out on the table I will use this as a warning to those who are, or thinking about signing up under new names to express their feelings, good or bad. Some of the members here have already tripped the software that detects members signed up or using the same computer. These members will loose their privilege here at TDG if this continues. Let's be far and straight forward. Thank You!

·
Thread Hijack Guru!
465 Posts
fordt said:
Some of the members here have already tripped the software that detects members signed up or using the same computer.
This is one of the reasons deals can't be closed with a handshake anymore. A cryin shame if you can't stand behind your word.

F

·
0 Posts
I will say this, for anyone that thinks something smells fishy because the individual with the problem spoke to ATS attorney and not Clint (the owner) they are assuming ALOT! If you called my father's company to complain about ANYTHING big or small you would never, ever, ever speak directly with him. Only through management, or an attorney. There are 2 sides to every story, don't be quick to make judgement.

·
6,337 Posts
So I have to ask... Why would I spend 8000K for a tranny that if I went out and drag raced and sled pulled broke I would not be covered? I can go to about any other company and buy a competition tranny and if I use it in competition and it breaks... It gets warrantied... Right?

We all know the first thing said when ATS hears a tranny of theres broke is "They were doing neural drops"... Its about the first line out of the mouth...

We know about ATS's Coustmer service... I have the pictures... You guys will never live that one down... No attck, thats black and white.

I also know of two trannys from ATS that were sold as full billet... nope, stock shafts...

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts
i just want to say that i had one ats trans in a dodge pulling truck and the truck was about 900 hp it did what i wanted it to do it held together never slipped. some people have problems and if they stand behind then thats good. but i have a duramax with a 5 star converter in it but i still dont how u could break a billet input shaft. the dodge i had was high hp and never broke the input shaft can some one explain that? thanks for wade came on and gave there side because now there more to the deal then was just the one side.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would like to say "thank you" to all of the folks on here that have refused to jump to conclusions and buy into the hype created in lieu of hearing our side of the entire story.

An old adage comes to mind: "No news is good news", meaning you're not nearly as likely to hear from the dozens of guys that had everything go off without a hitch as you are from the 1 guy that has an issue or problem. Cali-600 is upset, and is at this point doing all he can to defame ATS, and nothing to solve his problem. This is forum #5 we have found so far with the same post, copied & pasted from board to board over the last couple days.

ATS Diesel is a company built on customer service, and our customers always have & always will be priority #1. When something like this takes place, it and the reactions to it take away from all of our customers; not only due to the half-truths being presented to them, but because all of the staff here take great pride in our products, service, and relationships with our customers. We are all passionate about what we do here, and take it to heart when something like this comes up. It begins to snowball without us having a chance to present our side, and takes away from our ability to serve customers calling in.

Our warranty policy is clear, yet we've taken it upon ourselves to step outside it's bounds in the past to work with Cali-600. He has chosen not to mention that the reason he's upset is because we are not stepping outside of our warranty at our own expense another time for him.

He is not lying when he says Clint never called him, that much is true. However, there has been plenty of time spent on the phone between Cali-600 and ATS management. He made claims that indicated he didn't seem to understand the terms of the warranty as management was explaining it to him, so we chose to have a lawyer attempt to clarify it.

Lawyers aren't always a bad thing; they spend a lot of time learning how to present themselves in a manner that is clear & concise, yet at the same time will not invoke anger or any negative reaction from others. When Cali-600 refused to accept our management's appeals to his common sense, it seemed like the next most logical step.

Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to present the facts as we see them here to everybody.

·
6,337 Posts
I cant think of one time I have called another diesel performance company and got a call back from there attorney... Most times its the owner that calls me back...

·
Registered
39 Posts
CSIPSD said:
I cant think of one time I have called another diesel performance company and got a call back from there attorney... Most times its the owner that calls me back...
Clint does call people back; as a matter of fact, he spends most of his day in his office, behind his desk, calling people back. He'll chat as long as the customer wants, but that does limit the number of people he can call in a day, and it is the reason he has us here on the phones. In this particular case, the customer was choosing not to understand the warranty as it is clearly written and was attempting to pick it apart.

A written warranty is nothing less than a legally binding contract between 2 or more parties. When you attempt to pick it apart, you're questioning a legal document. When you say you do not understand a legal document as one company representative is explaining it to you, wouldn't a legal representative be the next best person to help you understand?

If you have kids, and one of them is having trouble with a tricky math problem, are you going to send them to talk to the principal to figure it out? No, because the principal employs math teachers to handle that type of thing, as he cannot do it all himself.

I'm not familiar with you or your history with ATS, but do you have first-hand experience with our company? Have you owned ATS products, or is this all second-hand knowledge being presented as fact?

·
ATS Diesel Performance
147 Posts
CSIPSD said:
Do you honestly think that the first call that was returned to the customer was from the Attorney??!! Get real Joe :Thumbup:

·
1,073 Posts
I have been concidering buying a ATS full billit trans with TQ converter. If I pull or race with it will it still be covered under warenty if it broke? I want a ATS seince they are close enough to me to have them install it and not just some shop.

·
ATS Diesel Performance
147 Posts
CumminsPower said:
I have been concidering buying a ATS full billit trans with TQ converter. If I pull or race with it will it still be covered under warenty if it broke? I want a ATS seince they are close enough to me to have them install it and not just some shop.
Honestly, if you broke a shaft or hard part racing, and called up with a good attitude and was honest about what happened and what you were doing, then we would be willing to work with you on getting back up and running.

If it failed or bured up and all the hard parts are still intact, then that would be considered warranty.

We are not here to try and pick through the warranty to see how we can screw you, we are here to help you get back on the road. Just give us the opportunity to help you and I think you'll be suprised how well we take care of you.

Cheers,
Wade

·
6,337 Posts
Eric @ ATS said:
I'm not familiar with you or your history with ATS, but do you have first-hand experience with our company? Have you owned ATS products, or is this all second-hand knowledge being presented as fact?

I have, and had, and will never recommend ATS again other then for the one product I can get no where else... The ATS Compressor housing:Thumbup: ...

I used to be a big proponent of your transmissions, up to the time I started getting Pm's about no warranty support, lack of call backs, lack of refunds on cores. Funny how people listen to what others have had issues with...

Even been in the shop a few times... Kinda got the rub off by a few people because I had the kiddos with me but heck thats just personalty's...

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.