The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever work on their furnace on the camper? I'm having trouble with the burner firing up. There is a ckt. board assembly mounted on the blower motor outside the camper that has 4 wires plugged into it with another running through somehow. If I push on the assembly at all, the blower will fire up and run to the interior temperature setting. After it runs the duration it won't fire again till I go out and push on it again. Not very handy! Thanks

·
1,324 Posts
Anyone ever work on their furnace on the camper? I'm having trouble with the burner firing up. There is a ckt. board assembly mounted on the blower motor outside the camper that has 4 wires plugged into it with another running through somehow. If I push on the assembly at all, the blower will fire up and run to the interior temperature setting. After it runs the duration it won't fire again till I go out and push on it again. Not very handy! Thanks
Is it a spark or hot tube ignition? Sounds like the connections are corroded. Does the solenoid click on it may also have a corroded connection. I would "wiggle" all the connection points doesn't sound like the board is bad unless one of the components or solder connections is weak.

I had a similar problem on the gas side of my fridge and had to swap out the flame sensor/spark generator off another used board.

Reactions: indiana lineman

·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I took the assembly out and hooked it all up outside the enclosure. Walked back in the camper, turned the stat back up, wiggled the connections and like I suspected it was firing back up. It almost looks like the terminals connect there to some kind of switch assembly that's built inside of the block itself. I hope that makes sense. It has a 12v on the top and a couple series of numbers. BTW nothing looks corroded.

It also sounds like a spark is igniting it inside there.

·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: I did a search online and found a place that sold camper furnace parts. The guy found what I described and I will see if this takes care of it. Anticipating some self satisfaction on fixing this thing without consulting a pro.

Reactions: Weld engineer

·
1,324 Posts
The controls probably work on 12v and the blower is the only part that is 120v. Sounds like the switch or control you explained is bad. Thanks for the update if all else fails head east on 80/90 to the rv Mecca of the world in Goshen/Elkhart I'm sure there is a guru there.

A schematic or wire diagram is probably on their website. I downloaded the info for my norcold fridge.

Good luck!

Reactions: indiana lineman

·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reactions: Weld engineer
1 - 6 of 6 Posts