The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once in a while if im cruising around 20 to 30 mph and let off the throttle a little bit then get back on it, its like it went into neutral and slams back into gear. Is this the converter unlocking? I was running the 210 tune and went to the 125 to see if there was a difference. Tranny still does it. Anyone else had this happen? should i put on my dpf and go to the dealer?

·
Auto's are for pansies
2,117 Posts
How many miles do you have on it? Check you tranny fluid for amount and quality (have enough? Is it light red or dark red?)

·
2,183 Posts
my tranny does the same thing with the 275

·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I only have 8700mi on the truck. Do you think it has something to do with the tunes? The fluid is where it should be and the right color.

·
39 Posts
Mine did the same ever so often, but since i went with Eric's tune...has not done it once.

·
12 Posts
same thing here hapens about once a week.im doing about 500 miles right now.

·
163 Posts
I just experienced this for the first time yesterday, but while turning about about 15-20mph. I'm in the same boat too, color looks good and at the right level. Interested in what the problem is.

·
39 Posts
Happened to me stock but has only happened once with the 275 tune.

·
86 Posts
hey

same issue here i dont think its a tune prob i think it maybe a stock issue and i brought mine to ford nd they look at me with ten heads they have no clue i swear i no more then they do sometimes its redicoulus

·
176 Posts
Mine has done this when it was stock and also with the 75, 120 and 210 tunes. I have no idea what it is but if you're really quick and know what to look for you can reduce the impact of it. Once you get used to it and you know what it does you can catch it as it's happening and let off the throttle, coast for a bit and then slowly get back on the throttle. This seems to work good for me.

·
102 Posts
arent these transmissions self learning? how do you drive normally? are you hard on the truck ? i know i drive normal on most occasions and sometimes if i lay into it it will give me that same feeling so i have found if you just beat it up at least once a day than its fine ! hope that helps

·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Could be the problem. I am pretty easy on it. I hammer it once in a while. I will romp on it here and there and see if it makes a difference

·
Now Cummins Powered
234 Posts
Interesting that this post came up, because I have been noticing the same exact characteristics from my tranny. It will slam into gear at lower speeds sometimes, especially if it gets hung up at a speed and can't determine which gear to be in. I was going to call my ford dealer about the problem tomorrow and see what they say. I'm sure I will get the standard everything is fine and we can't find anything wrong response. Hope there is nothing that is being slowly ruined inside the transmission when this occurs. I seem to experience it about 2-3 times a week and I like most of you do not drive the truck hard at all.

·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Interesting that this post came up, because I have been noticing the same exact characteristics from my tranny. It will slam into gear at lower speeds sometimes, especially if it gets hung up at a speed and can't determine which gear to be in. I was going to call my ford dealer about the problem tomorrow and see what they say. I'm sure I will get the standard everything is fine and we can't find anything wrong response. Hope there is nothing that is being slowly ruined inside the transmission when this occurs. I seem to experience it about 2-3 times a week and I like most of you do not drive the truck hard at all.
Are you running a tuner? Let us know what the dealer says.

·
Now Cummins Powered
234 Posts
Nah, no tuner here i wish i had the balls to do it and say screw the warranty. I would if the drive train was not so expensive to fix! I am going to take it into the dealership on tuesday made an appointment.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts