The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I was just curious what kind of transmission temps you are seeing in your trucks? My 08 has the 6 speed auto and I am seeing temps anywhere from the 140's to the mid 160's while running empty during the day on the highway. The tranny temp seems to change with the outside air temp. I have not done any pulling yet but it is time to start. Had the tranny serviced at 100k and gonna do it again this week. Just curious what everyone else is finding.

Thanks Lee

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
On an 80* day I ave about 130* in start stop traffic around 110-125 on the hwy and it runs about 140-150 towing 10K+

Reactions: cowboylee_41

·
284 Posts
Hey guys,
I was just curious what kind of transmission temps you are seeing in your trucks? My 08 has the 6 speed auto and I am seeing temps anywhere from the 140's to the mid 160's while running empty during the day on the highway. The tranny temp seems to change with the outside air temp. I have not done any pulling yet but it is time to start. Had the tranny serviced at 100k and gonna do it again this week. Just curious what everyone else is finding.

Thanks Lee
Same thing your getting give or take a few !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts