The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 11 SD with the AUX switches factory installed. Can anyone explain how I wire/power accessories to it. I have an overhead strobe light that is magnetically attached to my roof with a long power cord. Where to I run the power cord to, to get power ? Does anyone have any pictures, or a link to a you-tube video that shows someone installing accessories using the AUX switches ?

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Darren

·
Administrator
12,738 Posts

·
139 Posts
I have the 11 SD with the AUX switches factory installed. Can anyone explain how I wire/power accessories to it. I have an overhead strobe light that is magnetically attached to my roof with a long power cord. Where to I run the power cord to, to get power ? Does anyone have any pictures, or a link to a you-tube video that shows someone installing accessories using the AUX switches ?

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Darren
Dont have any pictures but I have all of mine hooked up to auxillary lights and high idel.

The manual shows/tells you the colors and the wires are just up under the dash on the drivers side. They are tucked up there so make sure you have the right ones. Slip off the protective end and marry up to your power wire for your auxillary product. I use heat shrink butt connectors for an easy/clean juntion.

The wires out can be run through the rubber stopper that the main wiring harness goes through. I pull it completely free then use a sharp blade to make a slit through. Force the wire through obviously before you make the connection (speaking from experience :damnit )

The number 1 and 2 are 25 amp relays, and the #3 and 4 are less. 15 and 10 amp I think but manual tells you.

As long as your sustained amps aren't over that I have never had an issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts