The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
0 Posts
So enlighten me Dukie...other than a nice clean engine bay...what am I lookin for? Not to familiar with the Cummins.

Dave

·
376 Posts
well at least you can start picking on the ford guys again. and saving up for the dual disk and 1 3/8ths input shaft. glade to here it is back together.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Sweet Dukey! That turbo has some Bling factor....... Hope you can pop 6 bills on #2 only... What will the masses do then?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Fode masses will cry and go out and buy a bigger crack rock to try and keep up.

No dual disk for me I hope. I think the Con FE will hold although it either spins a little when it hits the sweet spot in 4th/5th gear or the clutch is already slipping. Maybe the input shaft is flexing lol.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
When will the new turbo and injectors get to work on the rollers for the first time?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think there is a Colorado Powerstroke Club/Colorado TDR dyno day coming up here in Sept I'll run it at. I'm not that into even running it on the dyno nearly as much as I am just getting to drive it again on a regular basis. Keep in mind I have been driving my Suzuki Sidekick all summer lol. I know that is makes more powa than Greg's Fode or just about any Fode for that matter and that alone gives me that warm fuzzy feeling :poke:

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I wish I made that kind of Hp....600 on a single and #2 is a great accomplishment.

·
Registered
536 Posts
so can you tell us what it is? As you know I am looking for something new also.

·
Diesel Nutbag
548 Posts
duke1n said:
I know that is makes more powa than Greg's Fode or just about any Fode for that matter and that alone gives me that warm fuzzy feeling :poke:
:umno: :roflmao: LOL :popcorn: .

PS. Michael, The engine compartment looks awesome :Thumbup: Unfortunatly, since I have a real work truck, mine looks pretty nasty most of the time! :poke:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Current setup is this:

Edge Comp
Mach6s
Industrial Injection huffer with a 14cm turbine side and 66mm inducer compressor side. It's similar to their regular 66. I felt like the super 66 would be too laggy after driving a buddies truck that had one. I like a turbo that starts coming on around 1600-1700 and not 1900-2000. If I have any heat issues on top on 5x5 I'll squirt some water at it. Laggy turbos kind of suck.

I really can't say how it works yet as I just briefly ran it up the road before it started spewing coolant from the drain plug. I have been flushing it out with water after I re-routed the heater core lines and the o-ring broke. I'll put it through it's paces this weekend and let you know how it works.

·
Registered
838 Posts
duke1n said:
After sitting for 4 months I finally got something in the mail tonight. Still have a few wrinkles to get out but it runs pretty good.

Is that a Honda DOHC Vtec motor you have in your truck???

From the Red valvle cover looks like a Japanese Spec Honda Motor!

:roflmao: :roflmao: LOL LOL

-X

·
Registered
784 Posts
Choke_On_My_Smoke said:

-X

Ouch...... that's gotta sting :roflmao: :eek: :roflmao:

·
36 Posts
Dukey,

Stop by this weekend and give me a ride. I'd like to see the grin on your face with your new fangled power. :Thumbup:

Then we'll head to the track on Wednesday night :poke: :evil:

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Choke_On_My_Smoke said:

-X
Pay no mind Michael......... It is the crack taking it's toll on him :roflmao: LOL :roflmao:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Blowby said:
Dukey,

Stop by this weekend and give me a ride. I'd like to see the grin on your face with your new fangled power. :Thumbup:

Then we'll head to the track on Wednesday night :poke: :evil:
if I get the kinks worked out we'll definitely head down to Bandimere soon lol.

The rest of you boys.. I like a clean motor myself. I'll leave the stanky stuff to you all :smoke:

·
Registered
96 Posts
duke1n said:
I think there is a Colorado Powerstroke Club/Colorado TDR dyno day coming up here in Sept I'll run it at. I'm not that into even running it on the dyno nearly as much as I am just getting to drive it again on a regular basis. Keep in mind I have been driving my Suzuki Sidekick all summer lol. I know that is makes more powa than Greg's Fode or just about any Fode for that matter and that alone gives me that warm fuzzy feeling :poke:

Dukey,
October 1st
PFI, Ft. Collins
All Diesel Charity Dyno Day

Bring it!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ah, you've been listening to the east coasters...... :blah:

Actually, PFI's dyno and GAM's dyno showed very close numbers. Alan and Mike's results were within just a few numbers.

Are we not going to see you before then?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts