The Diesel Garage banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
2,106 Posts
So it is impossible to have more than one bad injector at a time??
I also am curious as to why this is... Will the motor not run at all with more than one bad?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I have looked at the ICP and have not noticed any oil around it.

I will take a look at whatever harnesses I can find going to the valve covers. The wires going to my ICP are soldered since they were cut for the 10k mod a couple of years ago. Those wires look fine tho.

·
2,509 Posts
99StrokerDude said:
So it is impossible to have more than one bad injector at a time??
I also am curious as to why this is... Will the motor not run at all with more than one bad?
I have had to replace more than one at a time but usually only one will go out at a time unless you have a bunch of water or some other comtaminats in the fuel. and yes they will run on less than 7 cylinders. I have seen them come in running on 4 before because of bad or broken valve cover harnesses.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well the saga continues. This morning I went by the mechanic and he jumped in the passenger seat with his laptop. We drove around a little with the laptop plugged in to the diagnostic plug so he could see what is going on while I was driving. To his surprise the truck would stutter and the ICP pressure would go to zero, although the truck would not turn off. Seeing as how I was still driving with zero ICP pressure, he now believes it may be a harness or the PCM. I dont remember all the codes it was giving but I know there were a couple of PCM codes. No idea what that means or what they were. Once again, I am leaving it with him on saturday. I just gotta get my AIH back in so it wont set the code off. I hope he figures it out, I really want it fixed....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Right, why did you take it in?

Generally injectors cannot cause low ICP issues, but can cause ICP leaks - specifically the injector o-rings. This shows as "black fuel". The o-ring kits are inexpensive and relatively easy to change.

A failing HPOP will cause hard starting when HOT and low power.

Excessively thick oil (too long between services) will cause "hunting", long crank times, and general driveability problems.

A bad IPR valve will cause long crank times HOT (rare situations cold too), low power, and hard/no start conditions. The sinister thing is a power problem to the IPR valve causes EXACTLY the same symptoms.
What if my IPR is constantly getting blown out ? My HPOP is chipping away ? Need new Hpop did injector that was bad only other problem is ICP

21 - 26 of 26 Posts