The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While trying to find out what is causing my truck to drive bad, I found the the distance between the frame and the front axle is 1 inch higher on one side than the other. The distance at the front and back of the spring is the same on both sides. That makes me think the spring is just week.

what do you think?

I have was thinking about putting 1.5 superlift springs on the front has anyone used them?

·
3,533 Posts
I would first be checking the rear springs, the frame, a lot of things before I just buy springs.
Measure the back of the truck at the frame behind the bumper, and at the front behind the bumper, look for, and measure from one side to the other and if it is the same then different you could have a dent frame or a break.

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so the front spring didn't fix it, I have it at a very good frame shop that can find the an issue with the frame. Can the rear springs be causing it?

·
1,570 Posts
Is it the driver's side that's low? It's very common for the driver's side rear spring to sag due to driver and fuel tank weight over time. It can affect the front suspension quite a bit.

Do you know for certain whether the vehicle has ever been in a wreck or not?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts