The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is an 08 and had corner wear on the right front tire so had Ford check the alignment. The truck has 60000 miles on it and is a road queen they told me it needs new ball joints which seems odd to me and the service writer at only 60000 miles on it stock height and stock size tires. so my question is ... is this normal? good thing I have the ext. service plan 100 dollar delectable and they will fix it next Friday for me.

·
Aimless Wanderer
929 Posts
My truck is an 08 and had corner wear on the right front tire so had Ford check the alignment. The truck has 60000 miles on it and is a road queen they told me it needs new ball joints which seems odd to me and the service writer at only 60000 miles on it stock height and stock size tires. so my question is ... is this normal? good thing I have the ext. service plan 100 dollar delectable and they will fix it next Friday for me.
I wish it weren't so commonplace for these front ends to wear like they do. Grease them once and month and the life will improve but will still be short lived in comparison to others. Dodge runs a second to Ford on front end parts wear.

·
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good to know i wonder what ford is going to replace with but probably non greasable

·
Aimless Wanderer
929 Posts
good to know i wonder what ford is going to replace with but probably non greasable
The OEM Ford ones I have replaced under warranty will have plugs installed where you can install grease zerks. You will have to remove the zerk, and reinstall the plug for clearance to the axle universal joints. They grease from inside the yoke.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts