The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Bully Dog Triple dog will stack with a banks 6 Gun and PDA? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Not sure if it would but your best bet would be to get an SCT. Stacking isnt really for 6.0's, kind of a waste of time imho

·
395 Posts
i have a friend of mine that stacked on his 7.3 and burnt up a turbo within 3 months. so i dont think it is really worth it in the 1st place juss my :2cents.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i was wondering about this because a guy i know with a 6.0 wanted to remove his speed limiter. I told him that the trip dog had a limit remover, and a shift improver. So we used my trip dog and downloaded the extreme program to his truck in conjunction with the six gun. Results: Wheel spin at the top of first gear, more wheel spin and chirp through second, and a 2 second reduction in his 0-60 time. Not bad if you ask me.

·
powerstrokes rule
841 Posts
if it works for you thats great, but i'm pretty sure no one on here will recommend it, myu passed experiance showed nothing but trouble with stacking, if you want to remove the speed delimiter, bd has one, theres a guy on here 6.0kid that has one for sale, pm him,

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey thats what he wants. I told him about the BD speed limiter box. But when you weigh the price for just getting rid of the speed limiter VS trip dog that has speed limiter remover, shift tuner, extra hp, and other stuff to mention. It sounds good. He is running the big hoss bundle. His highest boost with banks was 30 and when stacked with the trip dog it was the same but his egt however was 200 degrees higher when under full load. I will relay yalls concerns to him.

·
963 Posts
Stacking on a 6.0 is stupid...plain and simple. The CP's are going to be high, and there is no question he will break something very soon.

Get an SCT, and you will have the power, no speed limiter, and custom tuning.

The LiveWire will NOT be shift on the FLY. You will still have to stop and turn off the truck, to load tunes, it will just store more, and be connected all the time. It will also have gauges.

This Post should also be in the 6.0 tuner section...

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So this SCT will work with his six gun and PDA?

·
963 Posts
No, It will replace it...

The six gun is a plug in module, and the PDA is what controls it.

Take it off, and install the SCT, he will get more power and better shifting, just no Shift on the FLY.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
first off, you CAN stack the sct with banks...i did. but only for the better transmission shifting and tc lockup. the banks on higher power levels shifts sloppy.

2nd, i have a bd top speed eliminator that ill sell for $100 shipped depending on where your at.

3rd, dont stack two tuners and run both on high power. if Anything, your must run both on low power levels, Neither turned up to perf. settings.

Lastly, the sct IMO does make the most power. ive been just running a plain street file, and id be willing to bet money it would walk all over a banks tuned truck in the SL level (and thats not with the sct on a race file).

hope this helps!
Darin

·
963 Posts
Darin,
I never said you couldn't stack them, I just said it wasn't a good idea. I agree you are probably safe with both on lower levels...but why do it at all?

He said in one of his first posts that the guy was going for power, which means he probably has both turned all the way up, and in that case something is going to blow...no question.

Later,
Ray

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hey LokiWolf, save your breath(or keystrokes) these guys are just gonna have to learn the hard way. I still have my old bullydog, I now use it as a paper weight:) My SCT has way better trans control, and more features overall. As for that Banks stuff, it is way overated.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
LokiWolf said:
Darin,
I never said you couldn't stack them, I just said it wasn't a good idea. I agree you are probably safe with both on lower levels...but why do it at all?

He said in one of his first posts that the guy was going for power, which means he probably has both turned all the way up, and in that case something is going to blow...no question.

Later,
Ray

hey man, im agreeing with you....
3rd, DONT stack two tuners especially running both on high power levels. if Anything, your must run both on low power levels, Neither turned up to perf. settings.

i wasnt trying to contradict what you are saying, just giving my opinion and agreeing with what you were saying. you can do it, just not a good idea and if you do, both need to be on low settings........the way this guy is using it, NOT good!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts