The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
TDG Mafia Member #73
1,003 Posts
It just holds the WG a bit tighter with stronger internals so it opens later. Most people I know of usually just unplug the red tube and stick it on one of the IC boot clamps so it does not leak.

·
1,409 Posts
The big bonus for installing an adjustable w/g actuator is for the adjustability. There are better adjustable w/g actuators on the market than the big head. If you have another way to control your boost then I wouldn't think you would need one.

·
6,337 Posts
Look for the turbomaster wastegate controler... I had one and it worked perfect!

·
6,337 Posts
Turbomaster wastegate rod is easy to ajust, you want more boost, tighten a 10mm bolt... Need to back it off a bit, then loosen the 10mm bolt... I think dieselsite sells them but I would post up on the vendor section...

·
6,337 Posts
Just like I said, if you want more boost tighten it up, want less loosen it... It allows you to control what your MAX boost is.

·
1,921 Posts
The stock acutator has like a one lb. spring in it so the drive pressure is more likely to blow it open makeing it hard to control boost. The BH has a 20 lb. spring as I recall so the drive pressure can't blow it open. If you just unplug your waste gate you drive pressure will go up, your boost will go up, and your intake temps will go up. At a certin point the turbo will be making more heat than is beneficial and though it is making more boost will be flowing less air and you can loose power. boost does NOT = power. I've seen more than once when someone hooked their waste gate back up and made more power and all of a sudden started getting better mileage. A properly working system set to the right boost level will be the most efficient and make the most power.

·
41 Posts
I installed the Banks BHA on my truck and worked pretty good. I am seeing higher boost pressures and I can feel a power difference because of it. I thought it was worth the money, but I bought a used one. I know dieselsite.com sells an adjustable one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts