The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 powerstroke with no mods. Does anyone know how the Banks big hoss responds on one one of these?

·
6,337 Posts
Save you money...

What do you do with the truck?

How much do you want to spend?

What is your HP goal?

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use it for mostly just driving around. I already have the chip but I was wondering if they're smoky, hot, or if they give a good boost in power.

·
Dieselis' Maximus
1,744 Posts
I would not bother with it either.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
you can get an exhaust, intake, tuner and gauges for much less and it would be setup for you truck.
I would look at.
MBRP 4in TBE
S&B or AFE CAI
Autometer or Isspro gauges
and then a DP Tuner that you can choose what tunes to run. you could also use the chip you have not. (this is my suggestion but Im not sure what you have on the truck now)

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Yup, you should be able to add about 80 RWHP with the mods listed (these turds only get about 170 or 180 stock). For more HP consider injectors (I have Baby Swamps) and custom tuning (mine is from Swamps), but if you have an automatic trans you should consider some upgrades to it at that point. I have a "heavy duty" Ford rebuilt trans, with basic valve body mods, a big cooler, and synthetic ATF, and it's still going strong over 50k miles and 250 dragstrip passes after I added the initial modifications (but just added the Swamps injectors and tunes).

Regards,
Michael Pliska

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a pyrometer, boost gauge, and turbo drive pressure gauge. Other than that it's stock. Its a manual with an upgrades clutch already so I wouldn't have to worry about that.

·
812 Posts
dont bother with anything banks, they are way over priced for there products. get a free flowing exhuast, intake and a chip from swamps, beans, wildman, PHP or gearhead.

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. My brother had bought the chip but my IDM went out so it needs to be reburned or so Banks says. Can someone else reburn it or do I need to have Banks do it. It costs about 80 bucks to do it.

·
812 Posts
i think ford can reflash them but im not sure.

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I meant the chip I guess it wasn't clear. But could swamps, beans, wildman, or someone else reburn it with better tunes than banks?

·
812 Posts
i dont think any of them can burn on banks chips. they all burn on what they call a TS style chip. and all of them will do a better job then banks.

·
812 Posts
they have a max of 6 positions, im pretty sure that the banks and and the ts chip plug into the PCM at the same place.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts