The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a PPE boost valve, and for the price I’ve been very happy with it. But I have noticed that it seems my stock wastegate actuator tends to allow some “blow by” due to the weak spring. For me it’s really nothing more than an annoyance, but now that I know( or at least I’m pretty sure) what’s causing that bit of mid range “lag” when I really get on it, it’s driving me crazy! I know that ultimately a turbo upgrade will probably be the only thing that will satisfy me(maybe), but the bighead is cheap and may be worth a shot for now.

I was wondering if anyone is using one? If so, what you think?

·
1,409 Posts
How cheap can you get a bighead for? BD makes one for about $150 and it is designed better. I like the BD better than the banks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Bank’s goes for $185 or so. I’ve seen the BD one but haven’t found much info on it. I’m sure it would work fine too(no brand loyalty here). Have you tried one?

·
1,409 Posts
mnfarmboy said:
The Bank’s goes for $185 or so. I’ve seen the BD one but haven’t found much info on it. I’m sure it would work fine too(no brand loyalty here). Have you tried one?
I don't have a BD but have helped install one and seems to be much easier to install without the ease of breakage like the banks. I'm on my 2nd banks, as much as I hate to admit it.

·
diesel idiot
360 Posts
righteyeblind said:
make your own out of your stock one it's the cheapest
were doing that soon reece. i think we discussed this. dont you like how TDP wouldnt let me register as tahoedmax? suckkyyy

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
Post a how to on that when you get done Tahoedmax. I would like to do it to my truck later when I have more fuel.

Tony

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If your talking about cutting the rod and taping it, I don't think that is going to help me much if the factory spring can't hold the boost pressure I have now. Cutting the rod and using a turnbuckle style nut will give you adjustment but, if the spring sucks i don't think it's going to matter, unless I turn it in to the point where it just won't open all the way. I have a feeling that could leed to problems in the future ( obviously I might be wrong). I was thinking about trying a second spring like a compression spring and see what happens, if nothing else I'll just buy an aftermarket one. Experimenting is the FUN part if you ask me!! :D I have 300 round bales to haul next week so a little extra power would be nice.

·
diesel idiot
360 Posts
Yes you would be wrong ( i dont mean that in a mean way) about it not holding boost. You have to thread the rod so you can tighten the head down on the rod. The further you screw the head down onto the rod, the more boost you get. Other guys have done it and get an easy 30psi out of it with real good adjustability.

·
diesel idiot
360 Posts
No problem :Thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.