The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think about this kit? Will it help lower my egts enough to stay in it and play around? I will be adding a 4" downpipe if I get it. OR should I just go with an hx40 housing?

·
393 Posts
The quick turbo may reduce your temps by 100, 200 at most. You can get a 14cm wastegated housing and do the same thing.
You can look at HTTurbo's website and look at the wheel upgrades if you are wanting to go that direction.
Add the 4" down pipe irregardless of what you do. See what that does for you, then look for an upgraded turbo in the classifieds. Anymore you can get a nice upgrade for less than you think.
That is my $.02.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Although im anti-banks anything. I know a guy who ran that housing and thought it spooled quicker than the factory turbo. That turbo housing isn't gonna be good for much power, but it will be street friendly.

if it were mine, i would look at a 14cm exhaust housing like 97crewcab said. That would give you a little room to grow into.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
97crewcab said:
The quick turbo may reduce your temps by 100, 200 at most. You can get a 14cm wastegated housing and do the same thing.
You can look at HTTurbo's website and look at the wheel upgrades if you are wanting to go that direction.
Add the 4" down pipe irregardless of what you do. See what that does for you, then look for an upgraded turbo in the classifieds. Anymore you can get a nice upgrade for less than you think.
That is my $.02.

Take his two cents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts