The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 3500 with 4-speed automatic. I have about 126,000 miles now. I have a banks brake exhast brake, & an edge hot comp ship i just put on. When I pulled my under-dash panel off i found a banks ottomind & a banks smart lock trans controller. What do these do, I cant find any info on them? The truck had all this banks stuff plus banks dynofact gagues 7 monster exhaust when I bought the truck. My transmission shifter is so screwed I cant find reverse, neutral, & 1st & 2nd are the same. When I try neutral its like its in drive, & when I try reverse, it will pull forward about a foot, stop, & if you try to accelerate, the gas is really hard to mash. WHATS MY PROBLEM???

·
3,514 Posts
Sounds like the linkage to be honest. Mine was acting the same way when I was installing my trans, and my linkage was still loose. I tightened up all the shift linkages on the trans itself and was just fine. The valvebody is mechanical for the shifting stuff, so its not an electronic thing messing you up.
Sean

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah but that banks smart lock has a little cylinder looking device on the linkage that is operated off the exhaust brake, and that cylinder wont put the shift linkage into reverse, its got to be electronic because i can unhook all that crap & put it in gear manually. I got a buddy with a smarty to read my codes & I got one for a trans solenoid relay or something.

·
Da Bomb Squad!
57 Posts
if you can pull all that Banks stuff off and start over

1 - 4 of 4 Posts