The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I really don't care for banks and their stuff is way overpriced. But when I bought my truck the previous owner had a new banks tc and an ats trans command controller. He said he never got around to putting them on the truck. I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with the two? My tranny is bone stock with an ats pan.:Thumbup:

8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody here has any info??

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
well it's probably better than stock. How much I dont know.

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
Banks is overpriced, I will give you that, but they do engineer some pretty good parts for the most part. If you have the time, I would install the two. Otherwise they just sit and gather dust.

Just my .02,
Tony

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
If you have it you might as well use it i can't be any worse than a stock t/c

·
244 Posts
Well if banks is that overpriced that means you can still get a pretty penny for your new parts, that is... only if they are not as high quality as you would desire, because you can sell them and put that money towards your dream T/C. If you put them in though and then end up replacing them, you will not get nearly as much. Then again it's all up to you, and I would have to agree with Tony, Banks does engineer some pretty good parts.

·
713 Posts
I'd say install them, couldnt be all that bad, if so-hound Banks for your $$$ back(if you know the original owner will agree to warranty them for ya). The big companies hate nothing more than hounders, especially ones that post "bad" about thier product.

Mikey

·
Registered
274 Posts
I would run it, Banks isn't bad, just not the most cost effective.

·
The Oracle
343 Posts
i have both in my truck and while definatly over priced both work well...though my stock trans is taking a S**T at 110K

if you got low miles I say go for it other wise freshen things up a bit first

·
24 Posts
I have a single disc T.C. from banks. I had it installed a few years ago. I beat on my trans pretty hard from time to time. I think the rest of the trans will go before the TC. So far so good! The trans command was OK with the stinger plus (50 hp), but with the DP chip, my trans was slippin' bad in just the 80 setting. FTVB solved that problem!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
extremeford4x4 said:
new banks tc and an ats trans command controller. I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with the two? My tranny is bone stock with an ats pan.:Thumbup:
Daaco makes the Banks TC, finally they added the oem cover in billet.

If you run a chip, trans command type controllers add more pressure plus what the chip adds. Too much and you get bind at the shift point. Both clutches on partially. Instead of one on, the other in exhaust. A VB helps direct fluid pressure where and when it's needed. The controller will bump all pressure everywhere. When added in the package like Banks does, the extra HP can over come bind until wear sets in. My advice is avoid transcommand stuff, VB is better for tranny life.
-
-
-

1 - 11 of 11 Posts