The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone received a call from banks on the new tuner? Got a call from them earlier today saying "it is not advertised" but being sold to customers that had called in the past for the product.:D

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
I was wondering about that. I have seen pictures of them in the 08's and newer but haven't seen the advertisement yet.

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
I would agree but others will argue with you on this. I have used Banks for years and like the quality, the power output is not as good but the fit and quality of all Banks stuff is excellent.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
I haven't heard anything good out of the "Gay"le banks camp. Only horror stories. All have been blown engines. Tuners with the DPF dont work the best together. Kind of like oil and water.

·
499 Posts
i dont care for ther tuners but i love the way ther dual monster exhaust looks, just gotta save up to order one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Something don't sound right maybe some bait for some guinea pigs. Don't get me wrong like the products but will wait for the good and the bad feedback.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Banks blew up my 6.0 HD 3 times without ever hitting 20,000 miles. :thumbdown
Three times huh... You just sound like a banks hater to me. Most of your bretheren would argue that none of the banks products make enough power to hurt anything. Three times though... that really sucks.:fan

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
I have had Banks on my 6.0l and my 7.3l since each had about 10k on them. Mine have never blown up. In fact they have run flawless with the Banks on them. So 08Superduty I am calling BS on Banks blowing up your 6.0l.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yeah those tunes are not going to blow anything up...they barely make enough power to blow the hat off your head if your sitting in the back of the truck going down the freeway.

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
Banks might not make the power that SCT is but My truck is still extremely fast!!! It will put you in the seat.

·
34 Posts
Maybe my truck was just garbage but ill never buy banks again. it was a 04 HD

Blew the gaskests at 18500 got the bigger head bolts, blew them again at 19,000, than blew the whole motor snapped a rod etc 20,000 . Maybe my truck was just a lemon tho.

Heres a picture of the truck incase you guys ever see it crawling around, new owner.

·
2,951 Posts
Maybe my truck was just garbage but ill never buy banks again. it was a 04 HD

Blew the gaskests at 18500 got the bigger head bolts, blew them again at 19,000, than blew the whole motor snapped a rod etc 20,000 . Maybe my truck was just a lemon tho.
Bigger head bolts? Tell me more about these bigger head bolts.

Lonnie

·
2,126 Posts
He probably meant studs.
I think banks makes okay hardware but their software is pretty much garbage. I know an offroad shop around here that has stopped selling their software because it took up too much of their time taking it out.

·
543 Posts
Banks..
The only thing "high performance" from Banks Engineering is Gale's mouth...
I've never seen someone with a profile like his delve down into the sewer to try and bad mouth his competitors like he does.
That in itself makes me lose total respect for him and his products.

Personally, I endorse the "Smoke boys"..
Smoke boys.. That was a good one...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Banks might not make the power that SCT is but My truck is still extremely fast!!! It will put you in the seat.
I am with you on this. This whole banks argument is getting so old. It is funny how most of it stems from "false advertising". If we lived our lives not buying products due to false advertising, we wouldn't buy anything!! How many people have seen that commercial where the pickup stops the container from falling off a cliff and then pulls it back up? Right!! Anyway, my set up does plenty and gives me the power I need and I do not even use the upper settings often. I have friends who are running raped motors with the high power tunes. When I come home I park mine, they are always working on and looking for money so they can spend it "protecting" theirs.

·
543 Posts

If you guys are really impressed with that schizz from Banks, please, do yourself a favor and don't take a spin in a 6.4L equipped with a real tuner...
You'll be the one running your truck off a cliff, and you won't be looking to save it either..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts