The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had any experience with the Banks Turbo Housing for the 94-97 obs trucks???

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
dont buy banks crap and its quiet

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you know of any other turbo housings for the 94-97?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just found a ATS for $575!!

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
whats wrong with yours? for some one that doent want to change the relibilty of his truck you sure are tearin in to it

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just lookin around...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i would like to have the ats!!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
ATS what????

They only make like a couple hundred different products:deal: :deal:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
An ats turbo housing.. Read the previous posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Was it the shiny wastegate that did it, or was it the nice black coating???

You got alot of learning to do.

You can get a larger factory housing that does the same thing for less than half the cost, but hey I'm the guy that wants you to beat the dog snot out of it(I think thats how you put it) what would I know.....

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow! You must have put a lot of thought into that one.. And its all because i didnt want to get a DP Tuner right away...

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
Fast_Ashley said:
Was it the shiny wastegate that did it, or was it the nice black coating???

You got alot of learning to do.

You can get a larger factory housing that does the same thing for less than half the cost, but hey I'm the guy that wants you to beat the dog snot out of it(I think thats how you put it) what would I know.....
LET EM BUY IT because hell get way more more power with that housing than he will with a dp :pointlaugh :pointlaugh :believe

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I didnt say nothin bad about the DP.. I just wanted to get a little more use out of my superchip before i upgraded my programmer!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Usually the 1st steps for mods are a good turbo back exhaust, intake, guages, then programer. then you should look at injectors, which are a big restriction on the 94-87 (obs). After that you'll need a turbo / intercooler/ transmission.

That should get you to a pretty powerful truck, at least faster than most w/o being unreliable, if all we cared about was speed we'd have 6.0's or just hop up our cars

Look around a bit in the forum, you can always use the search button to see if your topic has been talked about already, usually it has.

the guys here can be a little sarcastic w/ newer members, but know a lot about stuff if you listen to their advice

sorry, you have more done to your truck than i thought

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
cumminsdieselfr said:
Wow! You must have put a lot of thought into that one.. And its all because i didnt want to get a DP Tuner right away...
Ok whatever

·
1,726 Posts
You guys are being a buch of a holes.

The 1.00 turbine housing is a nice addition to a stock injectored OBS. It will make the turbo spool up quicker. I put one on my truck because even with stage 1 injectors it seemed like the turbo took a long time to light up. I wouldn't have another OBS without one. There are several other places to get them. I think Beans Diesel has them as well as GTS Motorsports. Seems like I saw a used one for sale on one of the forums lately.

The ATS wastegated 1.00 housing is for sure the best way to go but it's spendy. With it you get the quick spool up of a 1.00 housing but it also will let the wastegate open up and relieve backpressure so that high RPM performance isn't lost.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
racehauler said:
You guys are being a buch of a holes.

The 1.00 turbine housing is a nice addition to a stock injectored OBS. It will make the turbo spool up quicker. I put one on my truck because even with stage 1 injectors it seemed like the turbo took a long time to light up. I wouldn't have another OBS without one. There are several other places to get them. I think Beans Diesel has them as well as GTS Motorsports. Seems like I saw a used one for sale on one of the forums lately.

The ATS wastegated 1.00 housing is for sure the best way to go but it's spendy. With it you get the quick spool up of a 1.00 housing but it also will let the wastegate open up and relieve backpressure so that high RPM performance isn't lost.
I thought it would be money well spent but according to everbody in this forum, i dont know nothin...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts