The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
King Of Farts
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a GN horse trailer that has a Bargman 2430 Breakaway box on it. I'd like to replace the battery since the trailer's 10 yrs old, but I can't find any info on this unit or what kind of battery it needs. I guess I could open it and look, but is Bargman still even making these? Maybe I should I just get another one that has a test button. Any suggestions?

Thanks

B

·
0 Posts
You can pick up replacement batteries on Ebay for breakaway controllers. As long as it will fit in the box and is 12v, then it will work.

·
191 Posts
I just installed a TAP "Engager" breakaway kit.....you can get them online or at Northern Tool. The kit consists of a battery with charger and the breakaway switch for about $50.00. The nice thing is when you wire it to your trailer aux power, it charges while you drive...no need for dead battery worries....

·
King Of Farts
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, TSC has the Engagers also. I may get one eventually, but this Bargman battery seems to still have enough juice for now. I pulled the pin and it held the brakes, no problem. It's wired in where it gets recharged, too. I guess they last a long time if they never get used.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts