The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Git' Some
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long are the batteries suppose to last in these trucks? I have 53k on my truck and i can tell its taking a extra second or two to turn over...? Also any certain batteries that you guys suggest to buy next? Thanks in advance fellas

·
5,365 Posts
depends on ALOT, charging system, load etc.
I just replaced mine, but i use intelligent battery maintainers when mine sits.

·
Ford F250 Dude
93 Posts
Mine were bad at 30,000 miles. Replaced under warranty.

·
Git' Some
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really 30k? See, i wonder how long these batteries are suppose to last... If i can get them replaced under warranty that would be great. I guess im going to have to look into it and call the dealer.

·
Ford F250 Dude
93 Posts
They are covered by the 3 year/36,000 mile base warranty. You won't have any warranty coverage.

·
5,365 Posts
almost 7yrs and 85k, and mine were still cranking <albeit a little slower than usual>

·
1,836 Posts
Batteries have lasted from 3 days to 10 1/2 years for me.

The trick to long life is not to use them, keep the maint up so the engine starts on the first or second piston up and recharges correctly.

keydl

·
234 Posts
I have used optima batteries. They are very expensive and work well but they seem to go bad after 2 years. You would think they would last longer. What other brands of replacement batteries are any good?

·
780 Posts
one battery went bad on me on monday and of course the truck has 37500 miles on it so the dealer told me not their problem and they only cover it to 36000 miles so I put two new batteries in it myself. :bang

·
37 Posts
I'm sure that someone on here will prolly criticize, but Exide makes one that has 880 CCA that is the same style and size. I've had good luck with them. I bought them at O'Reilly Auto Parts. Hope this helps.

-Funkster-

·
Registered
29 Posts
Driver side one went bad on me at 28k miles... have 32k now. I didn't know they were covered under warranty so I'll be calling my dealer tomorrow. Thanks guys!

·
234 Posts
Anyone use interstate batteries?

·
776 Posts
How long are the batteries suppose to last in these trucks? I have 53k on my truck and i can tell its taking a extra second or two to turn over...? Also any certain batteries that you guys suggest to buy next? Thanks in advance fellas

Just replaced both of mine this past weekend at 53k miles....if one goes bad, it puts more strain on the good one.....so I just replaced both.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts