The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
12,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the LBZ has 100,000 miles on it already. Going to do a bit of maintenance in the next month or so on the truck. The batteries are getting weak, in the morning I can see they are low, and the truck is sitting during the week now.

Which batteries do you guys recommend? I was going to go with the stock AC Delco since IMO, they have lasted a fair amount of time.

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
I'm going through the same debate Wayne. My batteries are the factory originals with 106K miles. I have been looking at the Deka batteries but moving up to 800cca from the factory 775. But the ACDelco ones are also a possibility. Interesting to see what others have to say.

·
I now drive a Duramax...
318 Posts
I am for sure getting away from the old style and at a minimum getting some sort of cellular battery. My old water/lead batteries keep freezing...

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Wayne did you see Tanks Post on batteries in the Parking lot? those batteries looked pretty cool

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
ive allways thought those optima dry cell batteries were top of the line, but i thought i read somewhere on a forum they were junk...

·
232 Posts
I have the optima red tops,pretty darn good even had one in my racecar for 3 years now its in my boat.I say the deka batterys are excellent too,all new and no core charge.
Stay away from napa cause they are junk.

·
69 Posts
the carquest batteries are junk too.bought some from truckpro that have held up good. cheaper than the chain parts stores for the same spec battery.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
i have a Optima red in my Capri, and its been killed and charged i duno how many times... frozen over winter while dead and it still takes a charge in afterwards... pretty decent from my experience

·
182 Posts
I'm in about the same boat, 80,000 miles on the LBZ and I Don't think it will make it through next winter on the stock batteries. Let us know what you wind up going with. I'm going ot be looking for a slightly bigger battery just b/c I'm now only running one battery.

·
TDG Official Poo Flinger
5,268 Posts

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
What did you end up getting Wayne?

I picked up two Interstates yesterday both 800/1000 rated. On a side note the factory battery blankets fit right over the new ones! :woohoo

·
dieselgeezer
18 Posts
Interstates are a good choice. They are very highly rated. I bought mine at Walmart. The Everlast or Everstart are made by the same company that makes the Interstate. They also received a very high rating and you can't go any where without finding a Wally-world. They replace them, no questions asked. If it don't work out my next ones will be AGM's. but I paid less for both than it would cost for 1 Optima or other AGM.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts