The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those that have relocated their batteries, where did you put them and how? whats involved ie is it a kit? if not what parts did you use to do it?

I really like robts setup and i know he had them like that when he had twins and now with the CR swap, i would like to mount mine this way with both on the drivers side hopefully he will chime in

Joey

·
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
id prefer to have them both on the drivers side, maybe ill just pm rob, was hoping hed see this thread so we could all have the info

·
721 Posts
I mounted a third battery on my truck. It is set up with a latching solenoid so I can remove it from the system at any time. When camping we use the third battery and a inverter to supply our electrical needs. When the battery dies I start the truck and push a button to put it back into the system to charge it. If I am to let my truck set for any amount of time I remove the battery from the system and have the ability to jump start my own truck if needed. I used a battery box from a diesel van and had to drill one hole into the frame.

·
5,365 Posts
same here w/ a 3rd battery on the frame rail under the pass side rear door.
I used a BLUE SEA latch/relay (wont allow draining of the other batteries or charging
of the 3rd battery unless conditions are PREFECT).

i picked up an e350 van box to mount the 3rd battery in.

there are NO kits for this, its all DIY and it isnt cheap.

w/ the bluesea Magnetic Latch/Solenoid i can over ride the inclusion
of the 3rd battery (aka: jumping myself) from the cab via an included switch)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts