The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wats the difference between the two and should it be on my to get list

·
4,158 Posts
Both the BD RAD (Racers Anti-defueler) and Schieds Antidefueler do basicly the same thing, they remove the defueling on 1st and 2nd gear. They are really only for racing so if you aren't doing any racing don't waste your money. The only downside to them is you loose your dash gauges (not sure for how long)

·
3,514 Posts
I have the BD RAD, and its nothing really special. I can't tell you how much difference it makes racing because My tranny is stock and I won't race it like that. I played around with it a couple of times, not doing 4hi launches and only 10psi boost or so, and it does make a difference I'll tell you that. Without it, your torque management system takes over and doesn't really let the wheels spin too much. Turn it on and they'll spin for days. Dash gauges You lose tach and speedo only when the box is on, and it trips you check engine light with a p1693, nothing terrible, but there is no use in getting it cleared cause it will just come back again the next time you run it.

The top speed elimantor is always in effect as well, the module doesn't have to be in race position for the speed eliminator to work. I got mine from a friend and I don't know if he stole the bullet connectors from the package and then replaced them with the wrong size or if they came with the wrong size from BD. Anyways, if the connectors started falling off the wire, which would cause me to loose the gauges while the module was off as well as stall the truck on a number of occassions. Simple fix though, just make sure you have the red colored connectors, 18-22gauge, the blues are too big.

If you plan on racing go for it, if not, its not really worth the money, IMO.
Sean

·
191 Posts
Ok i have hear and read a bunch of information and i still always have this question and everyones answer is just get a redline box. But i am going to ask again. If i want all out power with electronics what else can i get other than an edge.

·
4,158 Posts
Well that is true for all out power go with the Redline or the Blue chip Fuel mangement system, full on fueling boxes. Kind of spendy though.

·
3,514 Posts
yeah blue chips redline or the FMS box should be good. They both fuel high and hard, or you could try a smarty, I think the smarty only fuels to 3500 on the hard catcher program though. a Drag comp stacked with a redline makes some pretty impressive number.

Single B-1, helix 3 cam, Drag comp+Redline, Mach 8's, nitrous and a 4inch made 832hp at roughly 1200ftlbs. Thats a winning set up if you ask me, As far as I know, that isn't a hotrod pump either.
A truck with a Redline, B-1 turbo and mach 6's made 610 on fuel. Redline and a set of Don M's injectors is the way I would go if I were you.
Sean

·
JUNIOR,junior Member
27 Posts
Have to ask, because I tried to do a burn-out the other day, spin them enough to get black marks for 25 feet or so but didn't "smoke" em even though when the turbo spins up on my performance setting, I know I have the power to do it. Heck, the truck tries to go sideways at 40 when I hit it.
Thought it felt like I had traction control or something like that going on (do have a limited slip rear end).
How do these mods you spoke of stop the "torque management" and what is "defueling"?

·
3,514 Posts
well the way to tell if you have limited slip is to do a burnout and if both sides spin, then you have a limited slip differential. There is also a vehicle equipment sticker somewhere on your truck that will tell you, I'm not sure where on the 06 but It was under the hood on my 12v and in the glove box on my 24v.

You do have a torque management system on your truck, it will defuel in first gear and I'm not sure about second. essentially it doesn't want your tires to break loose and lose traction so it "Defuels" or cuts back on the amount of fuel supplied to the motor. Defueling also occurs in every gear at the top of the RPM range, roughly 2800 but your predator should deal with that. I don't think that the predator does torque managment though.

BD does offer an RAD for your truck that does tq managment. So you should look into that. If I knew more of the specifics about the predator I could better help you. Someone else will probably chime in though.
Sean

·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
but what about schield diesel antidefeuler for 75 dollars does it do the same thing as bd rad without the top speed eliminator???

·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i plan on drag racing it every now and then when im not drag racin my 67 chev

·
Registered
973 Posts
The ADD fools the map sensor if you are running a set of larger injectors and no fueling module to keep from throwing an over boost code. Most fueling modules have this option built in, but some didn't, for example the Diablo Power Puck. The BD RAD and Haisley and Scheid's ADD are not the same thing.

·
Cummins Man
980 Posts
Single B-1, helix 3 cam, Drag comp+Redline, Mach 8's, nitrous and a 4inch made 832hp at roughly 1200ftlbs. Thats a winning set up if you ask me, As far as I know, that isn't a hotrod pump either.
A truck with a Redline, B-1 turbo and mach 6's made 610 on fuel. Redline and a set of Don M's injectors is the way I would go if I were you.
Sean[/QUOTE]

It was with the hotrod pump. He only managed 6xx something I think with a dyeing stock VP.

·
3,514 Posts
[/QUOTE]
It was with the hotrod pump. He only managed 6xx something I think with a dyeing stock VP.[/QUOTE]
I know the stock pump was having timing errors but I didn't know if this was a hot rod or not. I don't think a hotrod pump itself would bring the truck from the 600's to the 800's. I've never seen that with a hotrod pump before. Not saying that it wasn't a hotrod pump, just saying that the timing errors were more likely the cause of the 6xx numbers.
Sean

·
MooPower
23 Posts
Shieds is just a boost fooler for large injectors and no box to boost fool your computer. The B-D RAD is a little box with a switch that fools your computers torque managment system that wont allow you to build more then 10lbs of boost if it dosen't see any wheel speed, for like 4wd launches and sled pullin.

·
191 Posts
With the mods on my truck with th RAD actually increase performance???

·
3,514 Posts
only if you are racing really. Just driving I wouldn't think you'd use it too much. Pretty much with more than 10psi boost and not launching in 4hi, you won't keep traction. It will help if you're racing or sled pulling though.
R.A.D. RACERS ANTI DEFUELER.
Sean

·
191 Posts
Well i do plenty of sled pulling and racing so i think i might just have to try one. However if my truck is defueling shouldnt the juice and attitude monitor so a defueling percentage?????

·
3,514 Posts
Hmm. Well it should only be defueling in 1st and 2nd, and primarily it should hold back fueling when there is no wheel speed.

As far as the juice w/A. The first thing that comes to mind is that, it shows fueling based on what the ECM is telling it through the data port, and since the ECM is showing that it is supplying all the fuel that it is willing to supply, the edge registers it as 100% fuel. What I notice with mine, is that I don't pull fuel when I hit 3300 RPM with it on. With it off, the truck sounds like its bouncing off a rev limiter, with it on, It just holds the RPM at 3300. I definitely notice a difference in the fueling patterns with it going.
Sean

·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so this will help even without boosted launches?? with the 1 and 2 gear fueling?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts