The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking into getting a turbo in the next week or so and not sure what will work for me is the bdp d66 turbo a direct bolt in will it support 400+ mods are in my sig i do tow a boat and trailers around 7500lbs but its also a daily driver what other turbos would be good choice

·
1,921 Posts
19stroker96 said:
im looking into getting a turbo in the next week or so and not sure what will work for me is the bdp d66 turbo a direct bolt in will it support 400+ mods are in my sig i do tow a boat and trailers around 7500lbs but its also a daily driver what other turbos would be good choice
Well with all the right mods a stock turbo can reach 400hp but that doesn't mean it's efficient or working well. The D66 is just a worked over stock turbo. So yeah it's a bolt in but efficient to 400hp? Not so sure about that. I'd look into an H2E or something from WOP if you want to have a good turbo that will actually support that kind of power reliably and efficiently.

Do you know how much fuel those Industrial stage IIs are supposed to flow?

BTW the 1.10 A/R number in your sig, did you see that on the compressor side or the exhaust side? The stock compressor housing is a 1.10 but the stock turbine housing is 1.15 and there are only 1.0 and .84 nonwastegated and a .95 wastegated exhaust housings available. There are no aftermarket compressor housings that I'm aware of available.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts