The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Oracle
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm thinking about stg2 singles this spring and was thinking i should upgrade the turbo as well.....

the stg2's would be too much for the stock turbo with a 1.0 housing right?

i was looking at Bean's BDP Dominator 66 turbo...i like the price and its supposed to flow more than the H2

anyone have any opinions or experiences?

thanks
~Tim

·
Registered
79 Posts
I take it you want all out HP... If that is the case, I hear that the H2E is better suited to that. The D66 has its limits in that it has the same thrust bearing as the stocker. I have read it will live with well tuned 2's, but it is not as stable at those high HP levels as the H2E. The price sure is nice, though.

·
Registered
160 Posts
what are some of the website for these turbos

·
Super Moderator
1,777 Posts

·
1,726 Posts
BigRed97 said:
Hey guys, I'm thinking about stg2 singles this spring and was thinking i should upgrade the turbo as well.....

the stg2's would be too much for the stock turbo with a 1.0 housing right?

i was looking at Bean's BDP Dominator 66 turbo...i like the price and its supposed to flow more than the H2

anyone have any opinions or experiences?

thanks
~Tim
Stage 2's and a 1.0 housing would be a really bad thing for higher hp programs.

My truck with stage 1's and the stock 1.15 housing will burry my 35 psi boost gauge in Extreme. I don't have an Intercooler though.

·
The Oracle
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Forever Stroked said:
I take it you want all out HP... If that is the case, I hear that the H2E is better suited to that. The D66 has its limits in that it has the same thrust bearing as the stocker. I have read it will live with well tuned 2's, but it is not as stable at those high HP levels as the H2E. The price sure is nice, though.
how much of a difference in power are we talking?

do you think it would be enough to justify the extra $$$$

·
Destroked
1,658 Posts
I have that exact combo and love it. I can hit 30lbs with stock programming. I will know more after putting it on the dyno in April....:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I think Luke is saying the H2E will support more power, not make more per se.

·
The Oracle
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i guess what im looking for is a turbo that can support 400+ hp...will the D66 support that safely?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I'm sure it could do fine at 400 horse. Heck my stock turbo is doing close to that now, with a WW and 1.0 ex housing.

I'm inclined to agree with Luke though. (pun intended) I would go with the H2E as it will give you room to grow if you ever need it, and be a kick butt turbo even if you stay at 400hp.

·
Destroked
1,658 Posts
If you are looking at an easy direct replacement and not going through the whole headache of fabricating to mate the H2E to your motor, the Dominator is your best choice for half the price....:popcorn:

·
The Oracle
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i wasnt aware the h2 require farication...the pic on Beans site made it look like it bolted right up... :shrug:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts