The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,
So Here's the deal I have had a small leak coming from the back of my truck that I have been watching for a little bit but I didn't think it was really bad. until I noticed that I was loosing heat. it was doing the no heat thing. its been dripping from the back part of the engine kinda more on the passenger side. I thought maybe it could be a seal or something. but I am figuring out with a little searching that I think I have a bigger problem;

I just got a gallon of coolant and now I am seeing that it is leaking. SO I guess my question is I am not puking from the degas bottle, its coming down the back of the engine, does that make it a bad EGr cooler? or does that confirm that its a leaky headgasket? I couldn't be lucky and it its not coming out the degas bottle or anything its just a leaky hose? I need guidance please help:popcorn: .

I will try to get a picture of the mess tomo. I am about 12 hrs from home right now, if i watch my coolant and fill when needed I should be ok to get back until i can get it in the shop right? I hope

Kris

·
SLAPS President
3,027 Posts
The puddle at the back of the engine on the passenger side is indicative of a bad EGR cooler hose.

I'd start with that and see what it does for your coolant loss. If you are still losing coolant after replacing that, then I would start worrying about headgaskets and other stuff.

·
645 Posts
I Would Try Cleaning The Engine Off Really Good And Try To Pin Point Where Its Leaking From, Maybe Pressure Test It If You Have The Tool, Instead Of Just Throwing Some Common Parts On It, Most Likley Thats It, But It Would Suck To Go Through The Trouble Of Replacing That Part Just To Have It Leak Again And Have To Tear Into It Again. Again Thats Most Likely The Leak, But I Would Make Sure It Is, Just My 2 Cents.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts