The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 JOB1 6.4 HERE. I know this subj has been beaten to death, but has anyone tried the TSB fix (new pulley) and had it work and the chirp went away? My dealer's techs told me will not be able to ever get rid of it and none of the fixes ford has reccomended have helped on any trucks they have tried to fix. Thanks...

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the responce, no they did not, they say doing that, it will return after a short time , how long has the sound been gone since your belt replacement?

·
Tyler
63 Posts
i do belts and tensioners all the time and they always fix the chirp. but almost always break the fan shroud tring to get it past the cac tubes lol

·
70 Posts
I had the chirp, brought it to dealer and they replaced the tensioner and belt and now no more chirp.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The tsb is for an updated belt and idler pulley. The tensioners usually need replacement also. I have had 6 fail in two weeks, they grenade and destroy the belt. IF the tensioner is good then usually belt and idler pulley takes care of the chirp but sometimes you need all three to solve the issue. Never had a truck where I couldn't get the chirp to go away.

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I copied this thread and sent it to the guy I know @ the dealership serv dept(some high up serv mang) I sent it with a e-mail note and am waiting for his reply. he has heard the "chirp" himself. I hope he will replace both belt and tensioner under one of my warentees. my factory one is up, but i asked them about this a few times b4 my warentee was up. I have an ext warentee also.

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I spoke with the manager and he told me they will get rid of the chirp and follow the tsb. I told him may need a tensioner also and he said ok. gonna get done when they do my fuel filters next fall.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts