The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my girl got me a set of DV's from BRC Diesel Performance for my birthday. How cool is that!?

It gets better, she climbed up ontop of the motor and helped me install them the other night at 2L Motorsports. So I take it for a ride and I am very pleased!
under normal driving there is no difference. But when I get into it it gets nasty behind me! It gets hot pretty fast with the stock turbo, but Im gonna do my best to keep an eye on it and back off before I melt stuff.
I stopped and did a 4x4 launch and everything flew out of the overhead console into the back seat. I cant wait to see what kind of MPH I trap in Indy this weekend.

the DV's are by far the best mod Ive done yet. My other mods are a Sun Coast Triple disc converter and built trans, O-ringed head and head studs, PDR 370's, 4K gov. springs, zero plate, some timing, and 5" exhaust. A turbo has gotta be the next birthday or christmas present! lol
MJ

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
:bow: :bow: All I can say it awsome.

And she sounds like a keeper :Thumbup:

·
Premium Member
4,158 Posts
Dual K20s said:
And she sounds like a keeper :Thumbup:

:iagree

What size Dv's were they?

B

·
0 Posts
Good deal Matt.:Thumbup: Get yourself a new huffer on there and you will be all set.:sly: :woot:

·
166 Posts
Does she have a sister? haha Congrats Man!

B

·
0 Posts
4cstr said:
Ok...help us non-Cummins guys out. What are DV's?

Thanks
:pointlaugh :pointlaugh Sorry Dave, I couldn't resist. LOL

DV's = Delivery Valves

They sit on top of the P-pumps right below where the injection lines screw on. There is 6 of them, one for each plunger. How big the valve is cut helps determine how much fuel the pump can push into the injection line with each cycle.

·
0 Posts
Bouncer said:
:pointlaugh :pointlaugh Sorry Dave, I couldn't resist. LOL

DV's = Delivery Valves

They sit on top of the P-pumps right below where the injection lines screw on. There is 6 of them, one for each plunger. How big the valve is cut helps determine how much fuel the pump can push into the injection line with each cycle.
Thanks Bill.

I'm doing my best to keep up. LOL LOL

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
4cstr said:
Ok...help us non-Cummins guys out. What are DV's?

Thanks
dont feel bad, Im a Ford guy who is still figuring out this mechanical stuff too. ;)

Im on my way to go finish up my ladder bars tonight. Hopefully they will help keep me from tearing up some suspention or drive train parts this weekend.

I'll hafta post some pics of them when I get them done.

MJ

·
Mafia #42
3,646 Posts
Haird said:
Does she have a sister? haha Congrats Man!
it thought urs got u stacks, come one save some for the rest of us. LOL. congrats buddy, deff a keeper

1 - 10 of 10 Posts