The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a chip to help with fuel mileage. I am getting about 16mpg mixed hwy and town driving, that is staying out of it under 2000 RPM.

Not too concerned about the power issue. Pulling 2 horse trailer on ocassion with over cab camper.

Thanks for the input.

·
TDG Rocks!
393 Posts
well any chip will do the job. I love my dp-tuner as most do. Biggest problem is that when the chip is on even econo. it gives the truck more hp. with this it is hard not to use the new gained power. thus lowering mpg in my experience. but my chip only stays in performance mode and still avg 15 mpg in town 20 hwy. my .02

·
TDG Mafia #76
2,542 Posts
How many miles on the truck? Might be time to rebuild injectors.

All filters and fluids changed?

Personally, I'd give Swamps Diesel a call, or Gearhead Automotive a call. I've run tuning from both places, and they're AWESOME.

I've run tuning from almost everyone out there, and these two have been the best in my mind.

·
406 Posts
I have a ts performance 6 position chip and it helps out a lot with the mileage. I have heard good things about the dp tuner though. I want to switch out my ts for the dp. If you go to dp's website, which they are a sponsor for this website, you can create and build your own custom chip to your specs. They have settings for just better fuel mileage. I would check the dp out.

·
TDG Mafia #76
2,542 Posts
I have a ts performance 6 position chip and it helps out a lot with the mileage. I have heard good things about the dp tuner though. I want to switch out my ts for the dp. If you go to dp's website, which they are a sponsor for this website, you can create and build your own custom chip to your specs. They have settings for just better fuel mileage. I would check the dp out.
Don't check the DP out. I had one. It hurt my mileage.

You've already got a GREAT platform with that TS chip. Send it to any other tuner and they can reburn it with their tuning.

·
Premium Member
4,090 Posts
Interesting that Matt can state that, because I've gotten as high as 24+mpg highway and avg 22.5 summer mpg with my DP-Tuner.

I must admit that I've never tried another tuner, but then I have 80K+ on my truck with this one achieving consistent results. I just don't have a reason to change.

prt

·
TDG Rocks!
393 Posts
x2 on prt I love my dp and the only thing i would change it out for would be the f6. But im going to make way more power before i do that.

·
1,787 Posts
I really like my F-6 from DP, no complaints. I've had quite a few and you'll find everyone has a different favorite.. Just give a few of our supporting vendors a call, explain your needs and decide which one better fits your needs, price range and MPG you're looking for.. Good luck and let us know how it works out for you..:happymugs..

·
Just Newbie
96 Posts
What Ever!!!!!!

If you rebuild injectors don't buy from DIESELCARE.COM the are bad news,do not rebuild they just clean and ship to you, bad news peeps. My 2 Cents.

jerryjust

·
1,052 Posts
Looking to buy a chip to help with fuel mileage. I am getting about 16mpg mixed hwy and town driving, that is staying out of it under 2000 RPM.

Not too concerned about the power issue. Pulling 2 horse trailer on ocassion with over cab camper.

Thanks for the input.
I have tried chips and they just did not do much for the fuel mileage.

I will how ever say opening up the exhaust and intake is a step in the right direction.
I also noticed a improvement when I changed over to Synthetics.

I get an easy 18 average MPG best is 21.4 highway on stock tune.
Bill

·
Just Newbie
96 Posts
Stroker#1

Rosarito,Baja Calif. Near the border to San Diego,Ca. Retired and nice Weather.Everyone is Welcome.

Jerryjust:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

1 - 13 of 13 Posts