The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
4,827 Posts
On a stock engine, a stock exhaust with a straight through muffler or no muffler works fine. Kind of depends on your preference as to sound. Each exhaust system sounds a bit different. I prefer stacks myself. :)

·
Let it rip tator chip!
910 Posts
well i agree with bmoeller depends on sound and just depends how deep your pocket is and what the condition of the stock ex. is

on my 97 i got the stock ex. until you get to the tranny and got 5in stacks straight cut its loud i aint kiddin ya man i could be drivin down the road steady pace all windows up and radio on mute and can barely hear the person on the phone but also 12v's are louder then 24v's but that 01' its 4 1/2 back and 5'' tip sounds good but my opion is a auto is gonna have a loud sound commin out all the time with a manual you can push the clutch and coast but it whatever you like

·
Registered
11 Posts
I didn't want to drop the 700 bucks on stacks so I just ordered 4" straight pipe with 5" tip. xtremediesel shipped it to my door for 302$. As said before all depends on the sound you want, just go on youtube and do a search, that will help you out a lot

·
Cummins
36 Posts
i personly like stacks, but a good streat pipe sounds really deep with a 4" down pipe and 5.5" all the way back. stacks same thing but with 6" tips about 4" above the cab so it reduces inside cab noise but it still sounds great. its basicly your choise!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts