The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Local Cummins nut
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am researching injectors to go in the new engine. From your experiance what is the best injector out? Best performing, coolest, & least smoky. I have heard F1 is the best performing & least smoky. & I have heard people say the same thing about DDP. Has anyone run both? plese give me your experiance. I am wanting to go to a 150-200 hp injector but I live in the tree hugging state of CA or should I just leave my EDM'd 120's in it & call it a day?

·
1,189 Posts
how you going to smoke test the truck next year and go through inspection?

·
Local Cummins nut
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure. But I dont think it smokes any more on start up or snaping the throttle now than it did when it was stock.

·
Local Cummins nut
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Think im going to go with Mach 4's for now. Maby Mach 5's but just dont now for sure yet.

·
Local Cummins nut
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone else have any input?

·
1,189 Posts
I have not run or seen any mach's yet. I run ddp and they are a very nice injector. They also sponsor a lot of events etc so I stick with the people that support things I do.

·
1,359 Posts
I was looking at them. The 65hp ones say 600$ on F1's website. Is that each ??

·
90 Posts

·
1,189 Posts
I was looking at them. The 65hp ones say 600$ on F1's website. Is that each ??
my 110 ddps cost like 650. I will have these for sale soon. They work great just going twins and bigger

·
411 Posts
I've had F1's for 3 years now and love them. Clean burning, and good power.

DB

·
Cummins
36 Posts
honistly dont buy new injectors. save your money its a lot better and easier to just get your injectore bored out. they willl work the same as after market ones.

·
25 Posts
Where do you go about getting injectors bored out? Is it a special company or will a normal diesel fuel injection place do it?

·
2,063 Posts
You can change the Nozzels but you will still need to check, and possibly adjust the pop pressure. A builder can ECM a set to the size you want if your cores are good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts