The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought 06 PSD F-250CC FX4 in august truck is bone stock now, looking for best mods to get better mileage, and have some power to have a little fun with, nothing to radical as truck is mostly driven by my wife during the week. Truck has about 5,000 miles on it , should i wait to add to make mods or not? Would like to add exhaust, intake, and programmer, which ones are the best? Thanks in advance for any input anyone can give.

06 PSD F-250CC, FX4, POWER SUNROOF,POWER BACK GLASS, LARIAT, HEATED SEATS, UPFITTERS, TOW COMMAND, 6 DISC CHANGER, EVERYTHING THE DEALERSHIP COULD SELL ME

·
is here and there.
10,573 Posts
First..WELCOME to TDG!

Folks here will be more than happy to spend your money for you. LOL
Before you go to programmers you should probably get gauges, exhaust and intake done. The SCT seems to be the preferred programmer right now.

·
MAFIA #8
5,567 Posts
Welcome... and as Russ has already stated about what to do. If it was me I would get and Airraid intake, easiest to change, good performance and best price. Exhaust is just going to depend on what you prefer, stainless or aluminized and cat back or turbo back and whether you want it straight pipe or have a muffler and if you want to be able to be able to remove the cat or not. Programmers the SCT is a great product and can be tuned to exactly what you want. If you are only planning on running a mild tune 40-80 hp or so I do no see where gauges would me a necessity, they are safe insurance but not a def. have to have unless you are going to be pulling a trailer a lot w/ the programmer installed.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
like hh said, you wouldn't need guages with a very mild tune, but i would do them, because once you try it with a mild tune you will want more and so will your wife lol. I would do guages, exhaust and a sct, i would wait 5k more miles or so until your stock filter is in need of replacment then get a new intake
robert

1 - 4 of 4 Posts