The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a 99' F250 7.3 4x4 and he is looking to get a chip. He is not into the performance just wants the best setup for daily driving mpg and then again towing his in bed camper and 20 ft boat. He is really just looking for a single stage chip but wants it setup for what he tows and daily driving mpg...

Thanks

David

·
Registered
239 Posts
:iagree :whs times 2.

I have DP's 60tow on my PCM and ran it as my only program for a long time. Got some of my best fuel mileage with it and pulls trailers/loads great!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
:sofa :popcorn: Anymore :shrug:

·
1,726 Posts
I have a chip from Tony Wildman at Total Diesel Performance. He has some great tow files! I am not sure if he can reflash the PCM for you but he can definitly set you up with a chip. Tony's customer service is great. Give him a call and talk it over with him.

·
120 Posts
Bully Dog chip

Up for sale is my 6 month old Bully Dog 4 Bank 6 Position Chip, for a Ford 7.3L Powerstroke 94-03. Part # 041604. Selling for $275 shipped to your door. Costs around $450 new. Adjusts on the fly to valet(stock with a 70MPH speed governor), stock, +50HP, High Idle, +75HP and +110HP. When set to the 110HP setting, also adds 235 lbs. of torque. Not sure of the torque for the other settings.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Are you saying that the best mpg for daily driving (not towing) will be achieved by using 60tow rather than 80econo with a DP Tuner. I am in the market for a tuner for mpg increase.

·
Registered
596 Posts
It depends on how you drive and the way your truck is setup. Most people get the 80econo. Jody's tow programs shift pretty stiff, which is great when towing but I don't like it for daily driving. I run around in the 120 program, but I couldn't tell you what I get for mileage, never check.

I prefer DP-Tuner, Jody is great to work with. I've ridden and driven in some truck with other tunes, Tony Wildman and Diesel Innovations. I wouldn't hesitate to get programs from any good tuner. Custom tunes are so much better than off-the-shelf tuners/programmers.

The flip chips that most provide can be had for about the same price as a programmer, but allow you to switch on the fly which I really like. You can have a stock, tow, econo chip burnt to cover all the bases.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts