The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yestreday i was running down to the florida keys temp around 75 degrees. i was running ID extreme race file i was getting 17.5 mpg @45 -55 mphs drove str8 for about 100 miles of uninteruped drive.

i switched on the way back to ID street file and was getting 25mpg 45- 55mph

whats results have u guys gotten and which is the best

so far ID street @ 45mph got 26.4mpg for 50 miles str8 :salute

·
77 Posts
A little while back I got 19.6mpg with Innovative's Tow Agressive tune. Mostly flat terrain running 68mph. A few weeks later I got 17.8mpg with the same tune running 72mph on moderate terrain. Hand Calculated #'s with Zoodad mod and cat delete.

·
139 Posts
was that hand calculated or on the computer? if that is the case, with 190s and an xstreet file from eric, I got 34 mpg.

·
133 Posts
The best i saw with my 6.0 was 16.8 and that was with Eric's x-race file. The truck was a ext. cab sb 4x4.

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
i get my best mileage with erics extreme tunes

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
I get my best mileage with my Banks Sic-Gun set on SL, I have seen 19.5 hand calculated and this is while running the 4:30 gears.

·
Hacky!
1,197 Posts
Don't bash me on this. I don't have any tune on my Excursion yet (2005 6.0), but this is hand calculated and only one test. I went 732 miles on 33 gal. It came out to 22mpg. My wife drives this thing. We were on vacation and it was ~ 250 mile trip one way and included long distances between our stops in Northern WI (Plover to Bayfield, WI). I am trying to calculate my next tank. I don't drive this thing much. I use my company truck mostly. We use the excursion when we go on long trips or trips with the family. My wife drives conservatively. I can't complain, I can tell it is a fuel miser.

·
77 Posts
was that hand calculated or on the computer? if that is the case, with 190s and an xstreet file from eric, I got 34 mpg.
A little while back I got 19.6mpg with Innovative's Tow Agressive tune. Mostly flat terrain running 68mph. A few weeks later I got 17.8mpg with the same tune running 72mph on moderate terrain. Hand Calculated #'s with Zoodad mod and cat delete.
Hand calculated. :happymugs

·
illadvised and dangerous
405 Posts
im seeing 15.5 from stock truck 65-75mph city driving around the san antonio area. truck in sig. tuned running hybrid race ive seen 17 over one tank but close to what i see stock

·
57 Posts
Around 13 for me running truck in sig on Eric's ex-street about 50/50

·
11 Posts
22 mpg with the truck in sig.. I guess i have a slight advantage being 2wd?

·
195 Posts
Doug's Looney Tune @ 76mph with it being 16 degrees out got 17.9mpg. When it warms up it will get better. That is going through the rolling hills of IA on I-80.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts