The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any recommendation on any places to get fire rings and head work done. It would be nice if there were some place in texas but shipping is only going to be around 120 one way to ship it somewhere so i wont mind out of state.

·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
does anyone have any recomendations for head work???????????????

·
274 Posts
Well I know that hamilton diesel out of Liberty Hill will do port, polish, and O-rings but i have never used them for a job. I'm not sure if they will do a firering job but O-rings with studs will hold a lot of boost. I have their telephone number if you would like to try it just PM me for details.

B

·
0 Posts
I don't have any solutions for you as to where to send it, but I would do o-rings instead of fire rings. With fire rings they will have to be redone every X amount of time. A lot of variables goes into that amount of time, but the heat cycles will eventually wear them out. As opposed to o-rings they do not come in direct contact with the combustion process and in general do not need to be re-done.

B

·
0 Posts
Fire ring goes in a pre-cut groove on the top of the block. O-ring goes in a pre-cut groove in the head. The fire ring sees all the combustion heat, fire, etc. O-ring is under the headgasket and does not see any of that. It just helps keep the HG from blowing out in high boost applications.

·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bad_cummins said:
Well I know that hamilton diesel out of Liberty Hill will do port, polish, and O-rings but i have never used them for a job. I'm not sure if they will do a firering job but O-rings with studs will hold a lot of boost. I have their telephone number if you would like to try it just PM me for details.
A buddy of mine just had his 1st gen oringed by Zack at Hamilton Diesel. He wasnt that impressed with the job. He just didnt like the way the oring looked.

Bouner::::
What would you go with if you had the idea of twins in the back of your mind. Can you get enough out of a head job to justify porting on a 24 valve

B

·
0 Posts
All be it my truck is a 12v, but as I type this it is in the shop having the head o-ringed. If I were going to put twins on a 24v, I would put in studs, o-ring the head, and use a 12v .020" over marine head gasket and just do the small mods to make it fit.

·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will the 12v marine gasket work on a 24valve with the mods??????

Where do you get the marine gasket???

B

·
0 Posts
Yes, all you have to do is enlarge a few passages. Just lay the stock 24v HG over the marine HG and then make them both the same. Just takes a few minutes.

Marine Gasket #'s

3283335 Stock
3283337 .010 Over
3283339 .020 Over

·
Registered
411 Posts
There Is A Place In Texas By The Name Of Ray Mac's Greg Houge Gave Me There Name He Had Them Do His For Project X

·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that sounds like the right place to get it done. I know that truck was one bad dude. U think u might be able to get me a number or something????

·
Registered
411 Posts
Yes It will be hopefully tommorow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts