The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hotsauce2138
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys lookin for the best turbo, injectors, etc. for pumping up my LB7 and allison tranny?

lookin to accomplish at least 500rwhp

thnx guys

·
Hotsauce2138
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone else?

what kind of tranny upgrades wil i need to do?

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
Suncoast level V (5) tranny is the best that I have remotely heard of on here. And with the 6 spd conversion you will save enough fuel to pay yourself back in about two years, plus have the strength to withstand 800RWHP and II believe 1500LBS of torque. I havent seen any complaints from any one one here that has one installed. Also spend the money and install a billet torque converter at the same time.

500-550 and you start risking the internals of the engine. So keep it small, the internals of the LB7 are powder metal, not forged. Throwing a rod would not be good, so just be careful.

Tony

·
1,409 Posts
If you're not planning on upgrading rods, pistons etc. then the stock turbo & injectors should be sufficient. With an adjustable w/g actuator you are pretty safe around 30 psi, stock is about 18 to 22. With a good efi live tune you'll be around 500. I know fordt just got some work done at Eric's place, maybe he will have some more details for ya. IIRC he installed a fass 150, I'm not sure what kind of difference that makes??

·
Hotsauce2138
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thnx guys was thinking about takin out the powder internals and replacing with forged.
goin to start a new thread about that.

thnx again

·
Registered
10 Posts
A trans, lift pump, exhaust, and a good efi live tune will put you around the 500RWHP mark.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts