The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering which makes the most power on a 07 LBZ, I was thinking a PPE hot, what do you guys think

thanks Charlie

·
BUG JUICER and
1,239 Posts
EFILive will make as much power as you want, create a non-smoking tune, make the truck quieter (or louder), let you rescale linearity of the fuel gauge, create up to 5 switch-on-the-fly tunes switcheable in the ****pit, change shifting characteristics, adjust anti-theft parameters, disable AC for WOT useaccount for timing changes with factors such as IAT, disable limp home modes for certain code conditions, increase economy, reduce turbo lag, adjust cold weather start parameters...just the beginning of the possibilities.

Oh, did I say as much power as you want? It can do anything that any other tuner can do. And there is a free help forum to answer any questions about it as well.

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
you cant change the tunes on the fly with the LBZ, but efi live or PPe would be your best bet.

·
3,754 Posts
if you really want to play and want someting tootally customizeable efi live. Or bully dog edge, pick 1-5

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
I would not run bully dog again way to much timing rattle just my 2.cents and bully dog and edge really just give that in the seat of your pants hit.

·
AKA slowdog racing
925 Posts
ripmf666 said:
I would not run bully dog again way to much timing rattle just my 2.cents and bully dog and edge really just give that in the seat of your pants hit.
X2 we had the same bully dog and EFI is 1000% better.

:popcorn:

·
Registered
390 Posts
ppe or efi live all the way..

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Phily 911 said:
Where do can you buy thoses at. I have a freind who wants me to put a good chip in his truck.
We have both EFILive and PPE in stock. We can be reached at 951-270-0808 Monday through Friday.

·
AKA slowdog racing
925 Posts
well what made me get EFI is i like to play on computers so EFI is a lot of fun for me to mess with, but if you would rather just not deal with tweakin the tunes yourself then get the PPE, you cant lose either way.

·
BUG JUICER and
1,239 Posts
That is the difference. EFI, has a tremendous potential, far outweighing any other. But it is not simply "switched" on.

I find myself steering a few people away from it, though I can't offer anything else. It is all I will use, or sell, there are several reasons for that, but suffice to say, you need to be a tinkerer by heart, and obsession to a smaller degree.

I can now "click" between 5 tunes on the fly, it makes a real James Bond outfit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a Diabosport programmer in my truck and am very pleased with it. You can choose any tune from 45hp, 65hp,85hp, and extreme tune of 120hp. The Dodge version will offer more as you can bundle it with a fueling puck. This is all safe power that wont send your EGT's skyrocketing like some programmers. The power is distributed evenly throughout the entire rpm curve and not just on the low end. The programmer is also internet updatable. Since i purchased it i have had it set on the extreme tune with no problems or codes. I used to get about 18 mpg on the highway stock with stock tires and no lift. Now i get 22mpg with a 6" lift and 35" tires with 20" wheels. I definetly liked that. As far as smoke is concerned, it produces very little smoke but at wide open throttle(like when passing). They also have a very helpful tech forum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I 'just got the Bully Dog PMT installed in my 06 and i am impressed i talked to the shop, and they said not to go with the juice cause it dont by-pass rev limiter the bully dog does and it has all the safe guards you can set. plus it gets better mpg,s

·
Registered
155 Posts
Anybody compared Superchips against lets say PPE? I've got Superchips right now, but I got a chance to get my hands on to a PPE.

·
Registered
432 Posts
efi is great and u can get tunes from keneddy diesel and they are great tunes what micheal tomac runs and if u dont want to tinker with stuff go with ppe

1 - 20 of 20 Posts