The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
MAFIA #8
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend is wanting me to find a good chip/tuner for his Duramax. What is the best one out there for the Duramax?? Thanks.

·
Mafia Member
523 Posts
Well what do you want it to do? Do you want it to have the ability to run diagnostics? Or just bumb up the power? Is money an issue, or would your friends rather pay a higher price for a better product? What do they want the HP bumped for? Normal everday use or pulls, drags, etc...?

·
Registered
136 Posts
ya if it is a bit of hp he is after any cheap box will do, if he would like gauges with it the edge is positive and offers some more protection, now if he wants more than 120hp, he will need a trany upgrade done first

·
32 Posts
If he gets a chip/tuner for his Duramax, make sure he gets a Exhaust Temp Guage too. That is very important guage for "better than stock" diesels. If temps get too high (1100°-1300°) too often, start looking for a 4 or 5" turbo down pipe back exhaust.

jc

·
MAFIA #8
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am not sure what all he is going to be using it for other than to play around with, isn't that what everyone likes to do with these things. I am already aware he needs gauges and everything else, I am just wondering who makes the best programmer/tuner for a Duramax

·
Registered
447 Posts
Most HP or what do you want for it to be "the best"? If he wants big HP he better save for a trans

·
MAFIA #8
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Best all around with out having to get new tranny etc. Just basically what is a good one? I know edge is bad for ford along with some other brands. SCT is pretty much the best around for the 6.0 right now just wondering what is equal to this in Duramax

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have had Edge w/ Attitude for 3mos. no problems. Run at level 3 since install.Level 4 on occasion. Have not towed with yet.

·
nothing but diesel
97 Posts
I love my edge not to much to tear stuff up but still a lot of fun and makes towing look easy

·
Registered
31 Posts
The juice/ attiude is working out great on my dad's truck

·
Registered
50 Posts
The Juice w/ Attitude is one of the best IMO. There are a pile of options out there though.

·
2,184 Posts
I've got 3 different options on my truck.. TS Performance MP8, Edge w/ Attitude, Diablo Preditor. I like all three stacked together in any combo.. and they all work well as a stand alone

·
Registered
447 Posts
Exactly! No need to stack when you have an Xtreme :D

·
Registered
447 Posts
Gota trans yet? Thats when the real fun begins :D

Your trans and converter gota HATE you LOL

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.