The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
H.O. Cummins
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my mother in law has a 05 duramax , they are planning on purchasing a programmer for to up the mpg. in yalls opinion what is the best programmer to give them the most bang for there buck in mpg and power gains. i do appreciate any help and insight yall can give me to pass along to my in-laws , i know things work differently in the duramax than they do in the cummins and i dont know the duramax very well

Thanks again for yalls knowledge of the duramax:thanks:

·
Registered
58 Posts
For mpg, the best thing is to slow down.... for power EFILive is the way to go ... the predator in your signature is good too. I have not seen drastic changes in mpg with programmers or harness boxes (I had an edge EZ - very simple, good power, but mpg wise I only gained maybe 1 or 2 mpg overall ....) Slowing down allowed me to gain more .... 55-60 mph is best versus above 65 mph where the mpg goes down fast.

The Edge EZ is very simple to install (plugs into harnesses between your PCM) and you change power levels with a switch. The Predator loads a program into your truck, so switching power levels requires some effort, and from a reliability standpoint there is nothing more to go wrong (the Edge could fail .... whereas with the Predator you are relying on your PCM only ....)

EFILive will let you create whatever power/mpg tune you can dream of, but the learning curve is steep.

·
Registered
390 Posts
the best for the dollar is the diablo but the best mpg gainer i have found so far is the PPE tuners..

·
TDG Junior Mafia #61
622 Posts
We got top MPG on PPE 10

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.