The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 07 2500 cummins i wana run 36's to 38's wats your guys opinon on the best suspension lift is? I was lookin at a topgunz 8.5'' suspension lift are these nice?

·
754 Posts

·
WANNA SMOKE!!!
169 Posts
If you go bigger than a 6" your starting to tweak the Driveline a little more than you want. I have seen that kit though on a 1 ton and looks awesome!!! I have a 6" Kit and run 37s without rubbing. Next set of meat is going to be wide 36s though. I just like the wider stance look. JMO

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
top guns kit's are great.. when i was doing my 94.. the customer service was great.. and there kits are guarnteed unlike skyjacker's and other companies... like said above...

fabtech, pro comp, and top guns is the best of the best

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
You can do a KORE leveling kit and run 37's if you don't go wider than stock on the wheels. I opted to run 35, since it gets more Highway than Offroad, and still needs to be able to pull a 5th wheel. The Kore kit is Awesome all the way around. Uses a Variable Rate coil, with no spring spacers, and nitrogen charged Bilstiens

·
Registered
132 Posts
it kinda depends on what you need your truck for. if you want a tall truck then Rize, top gunz, Spirson, Pure Performance(aka Rockrawler) have 8 in kits. but if your looking for a slightly more practical 6" then tons of companies have something. I would recomend not buying cheap shocks, and not running slightly longer arms to compensate for the longer coil. get long a long arm kit or some kind of arm relocation mount, or else you get suspension bind and a real stiff ride. oh and i saw an ad in a 4 wheel parts for a new 6" lift from pro-comp. . .maybe they'll release a coil-over for the Dodge eventually.

·
79 Posts
Fab-Tech 4.5" with dirt logic shocks has been good for me(great ride on and off road). 35's got my fenders on a 17 X 9 rim though. Now i'm runnin the stock wheels until I can find the right rim. I've heard that a 37 will fit if you get the back spacing right.

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
Based on things I have heard I would go with Carli or Lorenz over KORE. I have heard that the Carli is upright better than KORE based on both offroad and street performance. That and a buddy of mine has been talking to the guys at Carli (including Sage himself) on building a cost efficient system for his truck for what he does rather than just going and dropping the $ on an off the shelf kit.

I plan on buying some suspension components from these guys once the funds come my way-

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
They are all 3 very good supensions. There was an artical on a complete testing write up that 3 TDR members did for comparison of the 3. The end results were Lorenz #1, Kore and Carli I think tied for #2. They tested everything from Highway to Offroad. I went with Kore, got a good deal and some extra included stuff that were options on the other kits. I would not hesite to use any of the 3, all have a very good rep, and are hands down better than any of the other Mass Susp dealers.

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
snowaholic said:
They are all 3 very good supensions. There was an artical on a complete testing write up that 3 TDR members did for comparison of the 3. The end results were Lorenz #1, Kore and Carli I think tied for #2. They tested everything from Highway to Offroad. I went with Kore, got a good deal and some extra included stuff that were options on the other kits. I would not hesite to use any of the 3, all have a very good rep, and are hands down better than any of the other Mass Susp dealers.
As I have only rode in a truck equipped with KORE, and hearing Lorenz is better, I now have to say that I would go with the Lorenz. This is based on the KORE having a very nice ride overall.

After looking at pricing though, and seeing all 3 kits being similarly priced, KORE will be the least friendly to work with you as they are a larger, better known corporation. The other two, both being somewhat local to myself (and KORE is as well...) I would rather go to one or the other (Carli or lorenz), as they are more people minded people rather than dollar minded people. If you have to order one of the 3 and cannot make it to thier shops, I would consider calling Carli and Lorenz both before ordering and seeing if they can work with you for your own personal needs.

As I said above, my buddy is working with Carli to build a suspension for his truck to his specifications, and my buddy has nothing but good things to say about them-

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
I suppose you could be right there, but I didn't go straight to KORE. I worked with Desert Proven He is loacted right here in Bend, Or and also NorCal. Merak was awesome to work with. I also have to say Sean Lorenz was very helpfull and answred every question I had over a period of a week even after-hours. If Merak hadn't had a location in Bend, gave me free shipping to TX (where I was at the time) and include both drop blocks and extended links in the price; I probably would have gone with the Lorenz.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts