The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend Blake has an 06 F350 CC SB Powerstroke. He has been asking me about programmers for it for a while.

He wants to have something that goes decent on the street but also is good for towing. He tows a flatbed with a mini back-hoe and sometimes a hydro-vac pumper trailer. Im not sure how much these weigh, I could probably find out if it makes a big difference.

What would be a good tuner for him to get for reliability? I have heard a lot of good things about SCT.

·
Registered
461 Posts
His best bet is the SCT in my opinion. I have set up lots of guys with a tow file that is used all the time up here in the Rockies. I also recommend a pyrometer at the same time.

Let me know if I can help.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Like Tadd said, a good custom SCT tow program and a pyro or monitor is the ticket. A lot of customers go with the Steering Pod and a Pyro, it's a neat and simple install. :Thumbup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thanks for the info so far. I was thinking SCT would be the way to go.

I just talked to him again. He pulls about 12,000lbs for work. He wants to get exhaust too. Would it be worth while to get turbo back or just cat back? 4" or 5"? Everything else will stay stock for the foreseable future.

·
Registered
598 Posts
If you live a elevation I bet Tadd would have a good handle on a tow tune..If your intrested in any of the vendors they are all great tuners!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts