The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a tuner for my 08 6.7 with auto. Im going to lift the truck and run 35 inch tires. I dont plan on a filter, exhaust, or any other mods. I would like your opinions please.

Thanks Megaman

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
edge.. why no other mods???? just curious

·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont like them loud. I like to drive down the road and hear the radio, or talk to the other people in the truck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
no other mods?

i dont think thats a good idea to get a tuner without an exaust. your turbo cant breath enough which leads to a blown up turbo. you could get by if you dont beat on it. there are pretty quiet exausts out there.

·
432 Posts
Megaman said:
I want a tuner for my 08 6.7 with auto. Im going to lift the truck and run 35 inch tires. I dont plan on a filter, exhaust, or any other mods. I would like your opinions please.

Thanks Megaman
if u want a mild tuner go with superchips flash paq, all u need to due is put a K&N or another high flow filter in the place of ur stock filter ($50-$60). truck needs to get a lil more air. u dont need exhaust for this tuner, hell u realy cant run any exhaust on these trucks due to the DPF unless u do the DPF delete and void the warrenty. u could do a DPF back exhaust, all it is good for is looks, nothing more. it doesnt increase the loudness of the exhaust.

·
444 Posts
Does anyone program the new 6-sp mopar trannys similar to the ford's with the SCT custom tunes?

For those who don't know the SCT custom tuners, they have full control over shift points, line pressures, converter lock up, etc. which protect the tranny when more power is added. The torqueshift tranny is doing very well in stock form holding high power with SCT custom tuning (if done correctly).

Just curious...thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would urge you all to consider Dr. Performance for performance enhancements. They sell injectors, ECU computers, cold air intake and other fun things. They used to be in ID, but for some reason moved down to TX. Very quality stuff. A friend has it (stage II) on his '99 Dodge and he loves it, has had no trouble for over a quarter million miles (bought it new) and gets around 20 MPG pretty much all the time.

·
Carolina Boy
273 Posts
as said b4 the exhuast on the 6.7 won't make a difference as far as sound. i haven't seen one yet in the shop that had a programmer on it so i'm interested to who does have one and have they had any problems with it.

·
345 Posts
I have had the superchip flashpaq for over 10000 miles now and have fewer check engine lights than without it. It hasn't helped or hurt my mileage and I love the power.

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
yeah thats a good question... does the edge tattle tale saying it was there.. cause if it does.. **** im in trouble

·
345 Posts
I think this tattle tale is a whole lot to do about nothing. I am sure ford is as interested in money as dodge is. I have had 4 fords with chips or tuners on them. Each spent time in the shop for repairs under warranty for injectors or turbos. Never did anyone say anything about my chip.

Maybe times have changed, but unless your chip causes some catastrophic damage I don't think they will say anything. IMO

·
Registered
4 Posts
Doesnt anyone have a bullydog on there 6.7. Just wondered if they would be good. Also was wondering if anyone has took theres in for service since the tuner has been on there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have worked on many that a programmer was installed but as a dodge employee can not tell the computer on the side of the block the cummins ecu is where it is telling on you as I'm told by cummins.Btw they want us to send the ecu back when we do certain work if it has valve problems ecu goes back, not yet with turbo issues or injector.Mainly hard parts like head or block issues.

·
99 Posts
aggie00 said:
I think this tattle tale is a whole lot to do about nothing. I am sure ford is as interested in money as dodge is. I have had 4 fords with chips or tuners on them. Each spent time in the shop for repairs under warranty for injectors or turbos. Never did anyone say anything about my chip.

Maybe times have changed, but unless your chip causes some catastrophic damage I don't think they will say anything. IMO
Times have changed... They actively look for programmers and chips just so they can void the warranty anymore especially on these new DPF rigs. Can't blame them when guys tear their stuff up with modules then blame it on Dodge.

As far as programmers go if I had a 6.7 I'd get some gauges in and wait for the smarty to come out. Just saw a post from Bob Wagner where he said they're releasing it as soon as Dodge settles down with the constant stream of ecm updates. It'll probably be worth the wait...

·
Registered
54 Posts
TN-DiEseLjunKy said:
Times have changed... They actively look for programmers and chips just so they can void the warranty anymore especially on these new DPF rigs. Can't blame them when guys tear their stuff up with modules then blame it on Dodge.

As far as programmers go if I had a 6.7 I'd get some gauges in and wait for the smarty to come out. Just saw a post from Bob Wagner where he said they're releasing it as soon as Dodge settles down with the constant stream of ecm updates. It'll probably be worth the wait...

Here is my problem with this statement. I use my truck for pulling backhoes, skidsteers and my 5th wheel. With the poor mileage I was getting and not knowing what sort of temps I was running, etc. I decided to look at the aftermarket. One of my biggest fears was that when pulling my backhoe, can you imagine being in heavy traffic and when you idle off, it is not like an empty truck, you are using a lot of power, and the overhead lights up and next thing you are "derated" and you are on a slight uphill in one way traffic ????? Needless to say I felt I had to do something. With the mods I have now, I don't worry about "regen", I have my edge set to "control" most of the perameters allowing me to drive more confidently knowing that if the tq converter is about to slip, the edge will automatically defuel....etc. Driving empty with a camper shell on I average 21mpg. I love my truck, and do not abuse it as it pays my way. So if I take it to a dealer and they want to void my warranty so be it , but my reasons for doing what I have are valid and they can always look at the history of the computer to see if it has been driven in an abusive way. So not everyone that adds modules etc.,cry foul.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree with everyone that if you use your programmer the right way and don't tear things up you are in the right.I work for a dealer and have yet had any problems with my dealer voiding warranty, the only problem we have had is guys putting pyrometers in and not getting all the metal out and taking out a few turbos,it's not dodges problem that happened but we worked with the cust to make everyone happy but in no way was there warranty void.Look I'm on your side I own one 07.5 6.7 auto I'm looking for better fuel milage also.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts