The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
Looking into buying my first ford diesel,what was the best year and or least problematic. What was the worst ?.

I have heard many pros and cons on the ford 6.0 litre ,I am skepticle on buying a used 6.0 with little warranty left.:shrug:

thanks
gssuperduty

·
409 Posts
none.

·
57 Posts
I got an 06 with 12,000 miles on it that I have had absolutely no problems with, nicest vehicle we ever owned so far.

·
1,660 Posts
If your buying a used one make sure you post the vin# in the Oasis section. This will give you a detailed history or any warranty work Done in the past. It can help you decide if its a solid truck. Mine is an 04 with very very few problems

·
2,035 Posts
'04 here as well. Blew the hg's at 70k miles. The warranty would be better used as toilet paper down here where I'm at because no dealers will warranty a 6.0L.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
05+ in my opinion.

·
Registered
58 Posts
yo

i have an 07 with 12000 on it no problems yet
and hoping it stays that way

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hands down after 1/15/06. Up dated motor, coil front, tow com., Chrome pkg update interior, and factory 20's

Yes there are some good 03-mid 06. A lot of guy's were unlucky and alot of warranty repairs and buy backs. But many, with strong running 6.0L from 03-05. Ford reflashed alot of trucks, and change things over the years.

·
1,581 Posts
There was a design change for Job 2 '06 and '07 trucks, whether or not it proves to be more reliable remains to be seen.

284 Posts
newer the better

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
ive got an 03 with very little manufacture problems..

·
Got Torque?
2,577 Posts
6L strokin said:
ive got an 03 with very little manufacture problems..
03's are the fastest...if they are running right. But if you are looking for reliability, later is better. There are always anamolies, so do your homework. There are bad 07's and great 03's and vice versa. But more bad 03's.

Ralph

·
586 Posts
Mine Has 30k And Been In The Shop Twice Already. Today I Lost All Power And Had No Boost. My 06 Stroker Is Now An 06 Slow Poker

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have an early 03 and i love it. The only thing its been in the shop for is to new head gaskets and head studs installed under warranty. The dealers around here are mostly awesome with warranty work no matter what mods.

·
SIZE MATTERS
284 Posts
agreed..my 03 has 130k and only major work needed was hpop at 118k..great truck

·
855 Posts
Got a 05 with some minor shop repairs but hasnt left me stranded yet.36k so far and ticking

·
Registered
1 Posts
problems

utlonghorns416 said:
Mine Has 30k And Been In The Shop Twice Already. Today I Lost All Power And Had No Boost. My 06 Stroker Is Now An 06 Slow Poker

Are the people with stock trucks having problems too?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts